Jay Z Back on Spotify

Karank0

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Madrid, Spain
Glad you spotify brehs can eat

I hopped on the wave last month when I got a new laptop and downloaded every Jay album till BP3 because I missed his shyt not being on Spotify

Rediscovering his catalogue made me officially put Jay as #1 on my top 10

Its Hova da gawd :blessed:

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M

The fact Spotify is doing sponsored tweets about the addition of Jay's music and the fact it's the full catalog doesn't bode well for Tidal. That means a real agreement was made and it will likely be on there for a while.

He gave up one of his last trump cards to the competition and it's looking like he's about to sell Tidal. That B-Sides freestyle....:patrice:

Daps

The fact Spotify is doing sponsored tweets about the addition of Jay's music and the fact it's the full catalog doesn't bode well for Tidal. That means a real agreement was made and it will likely be on there for a while.

He gave up one of his last trump cards to the competition and it's looking like he's about to sell Tidal. That B-Sides freestyle....:patrice:

Or they gave him a lot of money for the rights to stream the album.

Didn't make sense not having it on Spotify IMO. Keep exclusives etc for tidal but don't take all your shyt off other platforms

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Or they gave him a lot of money for the rights to stream the album.

Didn't make sense not having it on Spotify IMO. Keep exclusives etc for tidal but don't take all your shyt off other platforms

Doing it for a bag is cool unless you have your own streaming service that is in last place and you took it off because you own Tidal and also don't like their compensation.

I agree that thinking that taking it off would be a huge dealbreaker to get you to 2nd place didn't make sense. But like Slim Charles said, we gotta fight on that lie. If anything I'd just put Reasonable Doubt alone on there, not the full catalog. ⁸

This is him giving up and the optics look terrible, especially since he's announced nothing new for Tidal besides Fade To Black.

Basically he's a prisoner of his own words/actions and we see he didn't hold true to them. The bag is more important to him than not giving the leading competition ammunition that HE allegedly took away for his company's sake. Every since the labels shut down provider exclusive releases it's been a downward spiral for Tidal. That and the Prince deal falling thru.

DarkmanX

All Star
Daps
So still no deals about why this happened and/or if its permant or not?