Jay-Z playing in the car while Nas talks to DMX

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Cats are talking about daddies while catching feelings as if Nas was their dead father :dead:.

These dudes will never disappoint when it comes to their stanning game :mjlol:.

Cats in that NASTY thread talking about his life, family relationships and shyt as if the coli was Sandra Rose´s comment section :whew:

Last edited:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Why is Nas a smart dumb nikka because he isn't as prolific a businessman as Jay? :camby:

No. AZ isn't a prolific businessman like Jay either and he's far from a smart dumb nikka. Shut the fukk up with your elementary complaints, you know exactly why people call him a smart dumb nikka. Playing dumb won't help you sleep at night, little guy

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No. AZ isn't a prolific businessman like Jay either and he's far from a smart dumb nikka. Shut the fukk up with your elementary complaints, you know exactly why people call him a smart dumb nikka. Playing dumb won't help you sleep at night, little guy
No, I do not know why enlighten me or foh with this shytty ass baiting dikkriding thread :beli:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Nas seems more about his business than ever, so does this false narrative of smart dumb still apply? :yeshrug:

Yes. You act like that erases all the L's he took in the past. Shut up

Dude named an album "Hip Hop Is Dead" which became a slogan for moronic imbeciles to argue that there was no good music out, as if Kanye wasn't in his prime, and as if that year wasn't the introduction to the organic backpack rappers like Blu, Cool Kids, and etc. He should have named it "Gangsta Rap Is Dead". Not to mention Nas' musical heir (a guy who actually could have been a new and improved Nas) happens to be a rapper Nas himself had thrown out of a club. Yet he cosigns nikkas like Kendrick J Cole and Wale, not because they're great rappers, but because they're the most famous. Nas himself doesn't know hip hop. He's outdated, like a lot of these other old heads. They only hear what's on the radio and nothing else. I still respect them though

So that whole "Hip Hop Is Dead" shtick was on of his smart dumb moments. Along with him wifing up a known how among other things. Like rapping over a J Dilla Donuts beat 10 years later, instead of doing it at the end of his prime like he should have

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
No, I do not know why enlighten me or foh with this shytty ass baiting dikkriding thread :beli:

Then you're just a stupid dumbass who either doesn't pay attention or you're a stan whom even I explain why you'll still find a way to argue, just shut the fukk up

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC

Dude named an album "Hip Hop Is Dead" which became a slogan for moronic imbeciles to argue that there was no good music out, as if Kanye wasn't in his prime, and as if that year wasn't the introduction to the organic backpack rappers like Blu, Cool Kids, and etc. He should have named it "Gangsta Rap Is Dead". Not to mention Nas' musical heir (a guy who actually could have been a new and improved Nas) happens to be a rapper Nas himself had thrown out of a club. Yet he cosigns nikkas like Kendrick J Cole and Wale, not because they're great rappers, but because they're the most famous. Nas himself doesn't know hip hop. He's outdated, like a lot of these other old heads. They only hear what's on the radio and nothing else. I still respect them though

So that whole "Hip Hop Is Dead" shtick was on of his smart dumb moments. Along with him wifing up a known how among other things. Like rapping over a J Dilla Donuts beat 10 years later, instead of doing it at the end of his prime like he should have
Hip Hop is Dead was about the decline in certain aspects of hip hop culture, disregard for legends, commercialization of the genre and power of music labels. When did Nas say there was no good music being put out? This was a general sentiment at the time that Kanye co-signed as did Lil Wayne. The South just caught feelings when Nas said nothing of the South in the actual album.

Kendrick isn't a great rapper? J. Cole and Wale can't spit? Nas doesn't know hip hop? The man is the head of a label with acts like Run the Jewels, Dave East, Fashawn and Bishop Nehru.

Who Nas is involved with is irrelevant you're talking about a relationship dude was in when he was in his late teens and early 20's.

Him dropping a freestyle over Dilla 10 years later is an L now? Nikka who cares, you nikkas man :mjlol:

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
Pre Game Verse is I'll also it was on Sauce Money's debut album the track is titled as "Face Off"

"Spanish Jose, told me how to get the money nikkaz owe me"

"Clapping Guard's of the roof like Kobe" (is that a triple entendre??)

And what is a sound proof 'oopa'??

Big L ripped that beat harder than Jay or Sauce but i love all their verses

i was always familiar with the Big L version though because it was like 90 seconds so i threw it on a ton of mix CD's as bonus time filler

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Hip Hop is Dead was about the decline in certain aspects of hip hop culture, disregard for legends, commercialization of the genre and power of music labels. When did Nas say there was no good music being put out? This was a general sentiment at the time that Kanye co-signed as did Lil Wayne. The South just caught feelings when Nas said nothing of the South in the actual album.

Kendrick isn't a great rapper? J. Cole and Wale can't spit? Nas doesn't know hip hop? The man is the head of a label with acts like Run the Jewels, Dave East, Fashawn and Bishop Nehru.

Who Nas is involved with is irrelevant you're talking about a relationship dude was in when he was in his late teens and early 20's.

Him dropping a freestyle over Dilla 10 years later is an L now? Nikka who cares, you nikkas man :mjlol:

now you're actually talking like a guy with some sense and not some fakkit Nas Stan

You have a point with most of the shyt you just said, but Nas label isn't going anywhere. And 90% chance Nas isn't even the true owner of that label. Pretty sure it's some white guy who's putting it out there that Nas owns it just so it can gain publicity.

Kendrick can rap. He makes great music. J Cole can rap, but his music is generic, cookie cutter. Wale cannot rap. He is terrible.

Doesn't matter. Point is, if all the newcomers you know are the famous folks like those listed above, then you really aren't aware of talent. But then again, Nas " has" a label with some young comers, so I guess I was wrong about him not knowing about true newcomers.

That Hip Hop Is Dead shyt was still lame regardless. Nas acting like he didn't have pathetic attempts to make club hits too

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:what: What is this nonsense?

Rewind back to 2006 and how people were complaining about ring tone rap and sluggish sales. People were talking about the decline in quality in Hip Hop for years (and not necessairly blaiming it on the south either, which he didnt do either). If you look at the album for all its inconsistencies, he pretty much stuck to the topic of the album (Carry on Tradition, Who Killed it, title track, Let there Be Light, Hope) and talked about how its gotta come to being an artist again regardless of age or region. Those you mentioned didnt really get attention on a larger scale till a about a year later, so excuse your hipster ability to be ahead of the curve than the rest of us :pachaha:

He very clearly had a concept and point to that about artists needing to be less rigid and going back to personal stories in rap and I thought that was very clearly detailed. If the inconsistent production turned you off the album, you may have missed that but it was there and hardly a smart dumb gimmick.

He co-signs Kendrick, Cole and Wale because they are dudes who crafted their work with quality projects and got on which is what we all hoped an artist would do (Even Wale for all his trashiness had some quality coming up). So I dont see how Nas is someone who is unaware of Hip Hop especially considering the quality of acts he's put on Mass Appeal like Run the Jewels who had the most critically praised rap album and Bishop Nehru and Dave East who are praised in the same circles as the artist you mentioned.

You seem to be projecting a lot of things about Nas but the irony is the your deconstruction of Nas and DMX in the car listening to that Jay song seems a bit dubiously half baked .:huhldup:

And after Tidal freestyle and the whole Tidal PR disaster who's really smooth and smart still :mjpls:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
now you're actually talking like a guy with some sense and not some fakkit Nas Stan

You have a point with most of the shyt you just said, but Nas label isn't going anywhere. And 90% chance Nas isn't even the true owner of that label. Pretty sure it's some white guy who's putting it out there that Nas owns it just so it can gain publicity.

Kendrick can rap. He makes great music. J Cole can rap, but his music is generic, cookie cutter. Wale cannot rap. He is terrible.

Doesn't matter. Point is, if all the newcomers you know are the famous folks like those listed above, then you really aren't aware of talent. But then again, Nas " has" a label with some young comers, so I guess I was wrong about him not knowing about true newcomers.

That Hip Hop Is Dead shyt was still lame regardless. Nas acting like he didn't have pathetic attempts to make club hits too
What do you mean by anywhere? It's not going to be Rocafella but that's not his aspirations. Is the label going to put out good hip hop music? Run The Jewels 2 was one of the most acclaimed albums of 2014 and Killer Mike is the closest thing we have to a Chuck D in this generation. I think Bishop Nehru dropped an album with MF Doom last year kid is like 18, Dave East is considered one of the best new cats from the city and his Black Rose project was well received. All these guys dropped under Mass Appeal last year. After this album drops Nas is going fully indy, there's talks of Lost Tapes 2 coming from the label, a compilation with big names and a Pimp C posthumous album.

Right now he's going ham with businesses and venture capital, he toured all of 2014 for Illmatic, he's been doing films and documentaries and sponsorships. Also, has his own streetwear company HSTRY that's doing pretty well and a huge sneaker store in Las Vegas. The man makes moves and lives a good life just to be dismissed as a smart dumb nikka because Jay-Z is more "successful" when they came into the game with different aspirations and mindsets.

Cole has a pair of classic mixtapes and a trio of average albums. Wale can rhyme, and has some decent stuff, his flow is god awful though, I don't recall Nas co-signing him honestly. Nas is in tune with today's music and he's far from one of those bitter old heads. Go listen to Hip Hop is Dead so you can truly grasp the themes maybe it wasn't the best title but hey it got people talking.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
:what: What is this nonsense?

Rewind back to 2006 and how people were complaining about ring tone rap and sluggish sales. People were talking about the decline in quality in Hip Hop for years (and not necessairly blaiming it on the south either, which he didnt do either). If you look at the album for all its inconsistencies, he pretty much stuck to the topic of the album (Carry on Tradition, Who Killed it, title track, Let there Be Light, Hope) and talked about how its gotta come to being an artist again regardless of age or region. Those you mentioned didnt really get attention on a larger scale till a about a year later, so excuse your hipster ability to be ahead of the curve than the rest of us :pachaha:

He very clearly had a concept and point to that about artists needing to be less rigid and going back to personal stories in rap and I thought that was very clearly detailed. If the inconsistent production turned you off the album, you may have missed that but it was there and hardly a smart dumb gimmick.

He co-signs Kendrick, Cole and Wale because they are dudes who crafted their work with quality projects and got on which is what we all hoped an artist would do (Even Wale for all his trashiness had some quality coming up). So I dont see how Nas is someone who is unaware of Hip Hop especially considering the quality of acts he's put on Mass Appeal like Run the Jewels who had the most critically praised rap album and Bishop Nehru and Dave East who are praised in the same circles as the artist you mentioned.

You seem to be projecting a lot of things about Nas but the irony is the your deconstruction of Nas and DMX in the car listening to that Jay song seems a bit dubiously half baked .:huhldup:

And after Tidal freestyle and the whole Tidal PR disaster who's really smooth and smart still :mjpls:

Bishop Nehru, Dave East etc are average at best

Jay-Z's tidal shyt isn't a failure. It's a learning step. Nas might not want the life Jay Z has and might just be living by his own means. Cool. But he's still done dumb shyt which hindered his artistic integrity. If you deny this, you're delusional

About the Hip Hop Is Dead thing, that album was motherfukking corny. I don't give a shyt if you're pushing a "resurrect hip hop" narrative. You resurrect hip hop by making good music, and by doing shyt behind the scenes. Not by making music telling people to make good music. shyts corny and forced. Nas himself made forgettable music for a short stint so he's one to talk.

If Nas was upset with the way the industry was going, he should go corporate and reinvent the game. But he won't. He doesn't care THAT much

Nas lost. He's a legend in hip hop, yet he makes no moves outside of it to reshape it. I don't give a fukk about some "eh" label. That label won't do shyt but release records of "eh" rappers. The entire idea of a record label is obsolete regardless

Your explanation was great but my point still stands