Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
200.gif

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm pretty thick-skinned but I visibly winced at this dude's ignorance.

The other white dude whole demeanor was like 'got dammit not again'

he must do shyt like that frequently.

Lmao yup. The funny thing is that many rap fans know a white or Asian dude who really fukks with hip hop, has been down for years etc etc etc. Seeing someone like that meet a white guy who doesn't know shyt about rap but tries to front is always hilarious.
:mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't even know who the fukk Schulz is... what he does... or why he even has a platform... y'all care entirely too much about this :mjlol:

Dudes like this don't even get their opinions acknowledged. He's the guy in the convo at the bar who says dumb shyt and gets left out from that point on. nikkas don't even argue, they just keep talkin' and shut down his voice.

While I agree with what you're saying it's kinda hard to ignore stuff like this since, unlike the random moron in the bar, this guy has a mainstream platform to spew his nonsense.

Fred.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Man I'm glad I don't listen to this fool! Bet that motherfukker loves him some Skrillex though. Fool probably think Diplo is the GOAT and shyt smh. Slap him and slap Charlemagne for doing a show with him!

Freestyle Phantom3.0

Habitual Line Stepper
Daps
what a clown. Too many podcast type interviews these days where clowns who no one has ever heard of before get to mouth off with no basis. Dude talking about Jazzy Jeff having no albums when Magnificent Vol 1 and 2 are both FIRE

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
People are saying not to pay attention to his stupidity but this dude has a platform and younger people listen. I don't care if he's trolling or not, I never heard of this dude until today.

He can possibly affect young hip hop listeners because they might actually believe him and run with his misinformation and attempt to rewrite history. Obviously he would not say this shyt around someone actually involved in the culture. He would not say this shyt in front of Will Smith, hell he wouldn't say that shyt in front of Jada Pinkett, Jaden or Willow Smith either.

We live in an era where young people grow up seeing LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Ice-T, Will Smith, Ludacris, etc as actors and that's it. Somebody can easily say some dumb shyt and try to act like they aren't important to hip hop. Unfortunately the youth will possibly believe them if they aren't educated about the art form. This idiot saying "Jazzy Jeff was just the dude who got thrown out of the house" can possibly influence young folks in a negative way. Obviously they can run to wikipedia or youtube but some won't and just take his word for it.

This shyt is a contemporary version of re-writing history, just trying to pretend that *insert person* wasn't important so in turn the younger folks have no reason to check out older stuff.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
People are saying not to pay attention to his stupidity but this dude has a platform and younger people listen. I don't care if he's trolling or not, I never heard of this dude until today.

He can possibly affect young hip hop listeners because they might actually believe him and run with his misinformation and attempt to rewrite history. Obviously he would not say this shyt around someone actually involved in the culture. He would not say this shyt in front of Will Smith, hell he wouldn't say that shyt in front of Jada Pinkett, Jaden or Willow Smith either.

We live in an era where young people grow up seeing LL Cool J, Ice Cube, Ice-T, Will Smith, Ludacris, etc as actors and that's it. Somebody can easily say some dumb shyt and try to act like they aren't important to hip hop. Unfortunately the youth will possibly believe them if they aren't educated about the art form. This idiot saying "Jazzy Jeff was just the dude who got thrown out of the house" can possibly influence young folks in a negative way. Obviously they can run to wikipedia or youtube but some won't and just take his word for it.

This shyt is a contemporary version of re-writing history, just trying to pretend that *insert person* wasn't important so in turn the younger folks have no reason to check out older stuff.

Exactly. I'm even more pissed that *other* long time vets and legends are not up in arms about this. There should be riots on airwaves right now, but again, the leaned up/doped up/coked up rappers are too busy in their Lil bubble with exploiting rap.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

The good thing is that there's more than enough information readily available for kids to do their own research. A couple YouTube or Wikipedia clicks and you can find a lot of important info.

Now that "old school" hip hop stations are popping up everywhere I hope rap can see the same type of re-introduction rock has had for decades. Vinyl is also making a huge comeback. I think the movement is gonna start with DJs and production. Kids who shun the laptop DJing that's popular in favor of learning how to spin records.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Jazzy Jeff not a house hold name? Hes one of the most popular DJs in the world.. in 2017.. Hes as much house hold as a Kaskade, Calvin Harris, Tiesto, Lil Jon is..

im not getting a lot of the "back in the day" talk in this thread :dwillhuh:

do people legit not know he still head lines clubs in Vegas and around the world :dwillhuh:

in 2017 :dwillhuh:

hes literally never fallen off :dwillhuh:

Household name means any casual music listener would know that. Trust me, they don't. I'm from Philly and bleed Philly, so of course I know Jazzy Jeff and his history, his status. It's not widely known though.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Household name means any casual music listener would know that. Trust me, they don't. I'm from Philly and bleed Philly, so of course I know Jazzy Jeff and his history, his status. It's not widely known though.
You just have 0 clue what youre talking about. Hes as known as any DJ walking this earth

Rekorb

Banned
Daps
Didn't Jazzy Jeff come up with the transformer technique? Crazy how easy for this culture vulture to shyt on legends. He doesn't even try to hide how little respect he has for black talent. This is why I don't like mixed company cause they will struggle showing respect since they are so knee deep in their own 'superiority'.