jeen-yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy | All Parts Released

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
Hindsight is 20/20 but it’s still fukking crazy they thought Peedi fukking Crack had next over Kanye :mjlol:

Everybody in the world thought Peedi had next over Kanye back then. :stopitslime:

Kanye was looked at as a novelty for a good minute, Peedi was supposed to be a superstar from jump.

:lawd:

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Man doc was cool but y’all doing some real dikkriding and creating your own narratives. Kanye was already a poppin producer by the time coodie started filming him.

did you even watch the doc?

It literally opens w/ Coodie filming Ye in 1998. Ye was not popping producer in 98.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
See this is why you have to have proper context before you speak Kanye was a ghost producer for many years. He produced songs for Nas on Jermaine Dupri album. He was already in the industry my dude. Y’all tryna make it seem like dude was in his bedroom producing tracks trying to get on. Do you know how hard it was to get placements in the pre internet era lol. It’s just hilarious seeing the reaction to this documentary. Kanye didn’t even drop out of school until he had a foot in the door and was getting paid for Beats. Ever wonder why he was at the bad boy party he was d dots protege

i know he was a ghost producer.

that doesn't mean he was popping.

you aren't telling me shyt I don't already know..but you're going to dhalism levels to say he was popping.

• Dap
Reactions: ADP

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i know he was a ghost producer.

that doesn't mean he was popping.

you aren't telling me shyt I don't already know..but you're going to dhalism levels to say he was popping.
word, Kanye was just another producer up until Blueprint in 2001, no?

he wasn't nearly looked at as the hottest in the game when he did the "hip hop" remix for dead prez in 99, "the truth" for sigel in early 2000 or even "this can't be life" for the dynasty roc la familia album at the end of 2000.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man doc was cool but y’all doing some real dikkriding and creating your own narratives. Kanye was already a poppin producer by the time coodie started filming him. It’s like if someone started filming metro boomin around monster era. nikkas in here acting like Kanye was just a bedroom producer or some shyt. He was already half way there.

Kanye was not on the radar when Coodie started filming. It's easy to say he was poppin in hindsight, but in the 90's, no one really knew Kanye and a lot of the work he got was through networking from connections he'd made off being an understudy to D. Dot and No I.D.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See this is why you have to have proper context before you speak Kanye was a ghost producer for many years. He produced songs for Nas on Jermaine Dupri album. He was already in the industry my dude. Y’all tryna make it seem like dude was in his bedroom producing tracks trying to get on. Do you know how hard it was to get placements in the pre internet era lol. It’s just hilarious seeing the reaction to this documentary. Kanye didn’t even drop out of school until he had a foot in the door and was getting paid for Beats. Ever wonder why he was at the bad boy party he was d dots protege

Kanye wasn't a ghost producer. He had credits under his name.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he already had a network which is half the battle. If he wasn’t already established in the industry his beat tapes would be in the trash lol. Here’s the thing Kanye is talented and hardworking nobody is denying that. But what’s irking me is nikkas treating this documentary as some sort of blueprint/inspiration to get on.

How did he get the network? It didn't happen out of thin air. You're making it like they went to Chicago seeking out Kanye for his beats. No, he had to move. He was on film before he moved. His career didn't take off until he went to New York.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
But he already had a network which is half the battle. If he wasn’t already established in the industry his beat tapes would be in the trash lol. Here’s the thing Kanye is talented and hardworking nobody is denying that. But what’s irking me is nikkas treating this documentary as some sort of blueprint/inspiration to get on.

you act like he was handed a network of industry connects, or born with connects.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You say that like being an understudy to D Dot and No ID is some small time shyt. You realize 99% of producers will never be an understudy to ANYBODY. Kanye wasn’t the most poppin dude in the world but he was more poppin than 99% of dudes in the planet at that time. Do you realize the average musician never makes a single dollar from their work.

he still wasn't popping than 99% of dudes, and being an understudy doesn't guarantee anything. Was he fortunate enough to be under those two, yeah. But why are you still trying to frame it like he was popping and/or significant. No one knew who he was llike that in 98

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
These arguments are dumb.

If someone wants to be inspired by Kanye’s story and use it as a blueprint then go right ahead. Better that than some more aspiring drug dealers and gang members.

At the end of the day the first two episodes are really about the power of self affirmation and hard work. Whether Kanye was “known” or not or had “connections” or not. NONE of that would have meant a singular solitary goddamn thing if Kanye didn’t have the belief in HIMSELF and his talent to keep pressing on. Thats the point. PERIOD

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Respectfully, I think you’re missing part of the essence of the doc. As much as this doc was about Kanye it was also about the perspective of someone who believed in Kanye from the beginning. Coodie was like Kanye’s shadow when Kanye was trying to get on. Kanye invited him wherever he went. He was genuinely apart of his rise to fame. He had a front row seat. The Kanye that was introduced to the world came from the camera of Coodie. I had so much nostalgia looking back at that early footage that would become Through The Wire. It’s the Kanye that I fell in love with. The third part shows how Coodie and Kanye got disconnected and how Kanye moved on. The holes that you allude to are because Coodie was not around. Kanye didn’t bring him along for the ride. He was in the nosebleeds now. Instead of looking at this as an opportunity to showcase Kanye’s career in great detail you could view this doc through the lens of someone who was close to Kanye and what those ups and downs and changes for Kanye looked like from his perspective. Coodie knew Kanye was going to be a star from the beginning. I don’t think he saw, though, how that stardom would change Kanye and how it would change his relationship with Kanye. He has such a unique vantage point and he documented it; you would water the power of the doc down by including perspectives of other videographers. I think the third part is particularly powerful because it captures how Kanye moved on. And how that felt from Coodie’s perspective. I also think it resonates with fans such as myself who felt Kanye was a breath of fresh air when he came into the game and who became disconnected and disillusioned with Kanye at some point. There is greatness in each of the three parts but the third part feels most essential in capturing the emotional feelings of what’s changed over the past two decades. This doc is a stunning accomplishment.
I disagree simply because you're dismissing how the editor puts everything together with the direction from the director/producers.

If it's Coodie and Chike's project, if they licensed footage to fill in the gaps from other videographers the essence of Jeen-Yuhs would still be there. They would just have a more holistic story to tell from a distance with actual footage from when they weren't around. There are countless excellent documentaries that use footage from multiple sources. Coodie's even on record saying that he wanted to close it out after the Grammy's, but Kanye started moving different and putting it off, so it didn't happen.

That's why the 3rd part loses the cohesion.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Time's Youtube Channel has been dropping unreleased clips from the doc as well...

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
When he signed as artist and was taking pictures with the gold Roc chain it looked so right on him.