Jeff Bezo's Ex-Wife Makes Largest Donations in HBCU History + Donations to Other Black Organizations

ThrobbingHood

Take from the b*tch, give to the whores.
Daps
Damn the Ex wife donating Oprah net worth :wow: How the hell can once be that rich?
She deserved more than what she got. She was there helping Amazon in its infancy. One of the rare times where the wife got screwed in a divorce settlement and actually “earned” her share.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Robert Smith did pay off $34 million in student loan debt for Morehouse graduates. That was exceptional.

My only gripe is that the same HBCUs are perennially the recipients of acts of generosity while the Rust, Gramblings, Wilbeforces, Lemonyne-Owens of the HBCU world largely stay invisible.

It is those schools that are educating the bulk of black HBCU students who are not the self-selected talented tenth and have a greater need for funds like this than the other schools.

Now some arrogant ass Morehouse Kappa that got a job working for Facebook is graduating with no debt when the Southern University graduate gonna be out here struggling to make ends meet with those hefty student loans working for Youth Villages. Kinda low-key enforces classicism. But I can't be mad at the act. It was very generous.
No offense but for you and others do know y'all could come up with something that generates big money and do what you want with it? I just dislike cats doing all this backseat driving stuff is type annoying.

invalid

Banned
Daps
No offense but for you and others do know y'all could come up with something that generates big money and do what you want with it? I just dislike cats doing all this backseat driving stuff is type annoying.

Gripe wasn't directed at her. It was at the fact that the same HBCUs receive gifts like these.

Daps
It’s great that she did that. But it’s a shame that most of the schools are saying, “this is the biggest donation we’ve ever received”, and it came from a while woman. That tells me that all of these Black millionaires didn’t pool together and put substantial millions into these HBCU, except William Cosby. Props to her though.

Um yea, cuz very few Black folk in this country are in a position to give away $20 million dollars.

Why would Black alum “pool their money” to give to the school instead of just giving to the school, anyways?

there’s no need to find “shame” in this for Black folk:snoop:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
It’s great that she did that. But it’s a shame that most of the schools are saying, “this is the biggest donation we’ve ever received”, and it came from a while woman. That tells me that all of these Black millionaires didn’t pool together and put substantial millions into these HBCU, except William Cosby. Props to her though.

She was married to the richest man in modern history. Her donation isn't an indication of what wealthy Black people aren't doing. The HBCU Alumni donation thread is full of contributions from wealthy Black people.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/hbcu-alumni-giving-rates.510991/page-13

Last edited:

invalid

Banned
Daps
She was married to the richest man in modern history. Her donation isn't an indication of what wealthy Black people aren't doing. The HBCU Alumni donation thread is full of contributions from wealthy Black people.

You should link the thread in your post to quell any other naysayers.