Jermaine Shabbaz Cole Protesting in NYC Right Now, (Jay Z remains Silent)

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you are in this thread criticising any rapper for not attending a rally..... and you didn't attend yourself, you are the reason why African Americans are being shytted on..... its damn shame because from the outside looking in its a real loser type mentality a lot of you display .....

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Where's Lupe Fiasco?
Lol nah that's my second goat.
I respect Cole for this. He really does care. He listened to Pac for sure
Lupe been said he's stance on these matters. But he's real though, just ahead of his time....

Say that we should protest just to get arrested
That goes against all my hustling ethics
A bunch of jailed nikkas is highly ineffective
:salute:

@BarNone :beli:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think one gripe with Jay (as well as people like Obama) as they seem to always be so late to these issues that by the time they do join, people question their motives....But when Columbine happens or the Twin Towers drop he's the first in line..

:sas2:

Just like Obama releasing a statement on Robin William's before Mike Brown..C'mon man.. When you are really plugged in with your community these lapses of judgment wont happen as much..

In their positions, anything said or done will always be "late". This is more so for Obama because he's president. When we have cops killing unarmed young men (no matter what race), simply speaking will spark criticism. For example, him saying, "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon". What did he really say with that statement? What was the impact or magnitude?

The point is, no matter what actions Jay, Obama, or anybody do or do not take, they are still dead. Therefore, it's always going to be too late.

Jay and Obama could personally patrol communities and put people in their communities to stop it, but it wouldn't do anything. It all starts with the mentality of the people who are doing the killing. When a person decides that another's life is expandable, there's a problem.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's sad is that people are using this as an opportunity to yet again :pacspit:at Jay Z. It's disgusting because it's not even about Jay Z. This is bigger than any celebrity.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Eric Garner made more artist speak out. But J Cole and Killer Mike are the ones I have seen do the most since Ferguson

I agree, but I hate when people shyt on socially conscious rappers for DOING something about this potential new Jim Crow surrounding us. Like we supposed to be turnt up 24/7, simping on strippers on IG, and buying clothes.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
Jay-Z is a fraud in the worst kind of way...I've been a Jay fan before 95% of you all even knew who he was. I still have a VHS copy of Streets Is Watching...

I remember Jay rocking
images
and had everyone believing he was some kinda rebel and stood for a cause, when truth be told I don't even think that Jay even knew who
images
really was. If you ask Jay he'd tell you he's a rebel because he" went on
mtv-music-television-logo-primary.jpg
with
$(KGrHqQOKosFGWQZgCyPBRqL,UElT!~~60_35.JPG
on" .

. :umad: tried to tell us from day one what is was

TOP LAD

WOAH, HEY GUYS WELCOME TO EB GAMES /COPY THAT/
Daps
Reppin
LORDE
Jay Z's life is awesome why would he concern himself with thing things that accord frequently in America? To appease other people? nah, I say he should just keep on relaxin and live his beautiful wife.