Jerry Rice or Tom Brady who is the goat?

Who is the goat

• Total voters

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
nah to go to 10 super bowl as a starter especially at QB is insane.... you know how many players never even sniffed a super bowl and how many have gone once and never again?!

Then there are so many that go more than once but go back as a back-up or bench player...not the team leader.....that's crazy

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
How many times did prime Manning get bounced?

he will at least get you there. and he played in the BB/Brady era. i can't fault him for that. ain't no GM/coach, not even the great Bill Walsh would take Jerry Rice over Peyton Manning.

You take Peyton Manning you got a shot at going deep into the playoffs in any circumstances. let's say Rice played for the Browns between 2008-2018. I can see Jerry Rice becoming Joe Thomas of football. I mean how great was Joe Thomas? he had no equal in his position. but he didnt even sniff the playoffs and retired early because they had no QB.

But if Browns had Brady/manning then they become an instant contender. i really do believe that.

That doesn't mean QBs are automatically greater, just more valuable. There's a difference.

Value is absolutely critical in football. There is a reason why we don't say Anthony Munoz is the GOAT even though many view him as the greatest olineman of all time.

Last edited:

broller

Veteran
Daps
he will at least get you there. and he played in the BB/Brady era. i can't fault him for that. ain't no GM/coach, not even the great Bill Walsh would take Jerry Rice over Peyton Manning.

You take Peyton Manning you got a shot at going deep into the playoffs in any circumstances. let's say Rice played for the Browns between 2008-2018. I can see Jerry Rice becoming Joe Thomas of football. I mean how great was Joe Thomas? he had no equal in his position. but he didnt even sniff the playoffs and retired early because they had no QB.

But if Browns had Brady/manning then they become an instant contender. i really do believe that.

Value is absolutely critical in football. There is a reason why we don't say Anthony Munoz is the GOAT even though many view him as the greatest olineman of all time.

Olinemen are overall always underrated though. When evaluating players, you should rate and rank them based on how good they are, not their position. Munoz is greater than Philip Rivers even though Rivers plays a more important position.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
he trippin

1. rice did not play with all time great qbs his whole career :mjlol:
2. Moss chose a lot of those situations he put himself in and still gave up on them, he had no heart at all even with all that talent. Hes not even #2 for me, hes #3 for me, I got TO over Moss :manny:
3. Talking about Moss with Brady is kinda stupid, because by then the rules have changed so much from when Rice played. Rice played in a more run dominant era and also a lot harder defensive era.

and thats all ima say on this subject, anyone who thinks Moss better than Rice is a fukking retard :heh:

So we making up lies for narratives now? Moss wasn't a FA til late in his career so he didn't chose most of his teams. Know his notable QBs?

Brady 2x (GOAT)
Culpepper (ehh)
Cunningham (aight)
Cassel (ok for 1 year)

Then you got:

Aaron Brooks
Andrew Walter
Kerry Collins
Vince Young
Old Favre
Brad Johnson

Rice had notable QBs:

Montana (former GOAT)
Steve Young (HOF)
Jeff Garcia (Multiple pro bowler)
Rich Gannon (MVP)

You sayin this had no effect on Moss Career only playing with 1 great QB his whole career? fukk outta here. Respect to Rice tho :salute: I aint trying to knock his legend but it is what it is

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
Olinemen are overall always underrated though. When evaluating players, you should rate and rank them based on how good they are, not their position. Munoz is greater than Philip Rivers even though Rivers plays a more important position.

it's unfair. i know. by your method, Munoz has to be a top 3 all time because he really had no peer just like how Brady has no peer.

Here is PFFs Position Top-10 WAR Average

QB 2.5134
WR 0.701
S 0.6039
CB 0.5172
TE 0.3426
IOL 0.3212
OT 0.2968
ED 0.2783
LB 0.2762
RB 0.2166
DI 0.1868

Why positional value matters in the NFL Draft | NFL Draft | PFF

i don't know how accurate this is, but it kinda makes sense that QBs are 3-4 times more important. It really is. Patrick Mahomes singlehandedly changed the history of the Chiefs. You can't say that about great Walter Jones or Munoz.