Job Career help

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
I went to a job interview today for a life insurance company, and I lied on the resume to get in, I said I worked customer service for a year at my old job but I was just a bagger for about 4 months. I thought this was going to be a customer service job but it turned out to be a salesperson type of job.

Anyways I had my interview today and the guy said there is 4 interviews all in the hiring process, and I saw people leaving and getting cut, like 30 year old women for example.
So the guy I had interview me was cool wit me he said he reminded me of him when he was younger. SO I passed the first interview and a senior manager come in show us videos and etc. present us stuff, and he said if you can get at least 3 people to sign up for a $800 policy then you can get paaid $1200 the next week, etc. and I am only 18 year old in there and everyone is 30, the senior manager said he was 31 so back to the story after the presentation, we had the step 2 interview and he still loved me, I have the 3rd interview tomorrow at 11:00 and If i make that then I get to pay $300 for a training type thing which will take 2-4 weeks and I get my insurance licence....

Then I went home today looked up the company (American i n c o m e life) AIL, and it got some mediocre reviews I found out the job pays comission only, and you dont get paid for training, and a whole bunch of other complaints, I not going to show up tomorrow because I was looking for an hourly wage job for this point in my life, Am I making the wrong decision?

I'll add more if you guys need details

IAmGettingAMailOrderBride

I'm Getting A Mail Order Bride
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
BlackieRobinson
you get to pay $300 or they pay you $300 for training?
I have to pay $300 for training its for schooling and to take a test to get the liscence
I just want a hourly wage jobs right now in my life, I dont think i'll be comfortble knowing that my pay depends on a person saying yes or know, and all the interviews i heard about the place were subpar

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Sigh, no friend. Go find an actual job. I'm happy you asked for advice before making this decision.
If you would like a further explanation I would be happy to expand.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Then I went home today looked up the company (American i n c o m e life) AIL, and it got some mediocre reviews I found out the job pays comission only, and you dont get paid for training, and a whole bunch of other complaints, I not going to show up tomorrow because I was looking for an hourly wage job for this point in my life, Am I making the wrong decision?

Skip it.
Check out salesperson jobs at insurance companies that are more well known: Allstate, State Farm, Progressive. State Farm pays for training. I doubt you'll get in the ground floor without experience or education.

If you want an all-commission paying job without paying for training, you can become a car salesperson. It sucks.

So, I would recommend that you go to the department of labor office to ask them for help on finding a job. It's free.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to a job interview today for a life insurance company, and I lied on the resume to get in, I said I worked customer service for a year at my old job but I was just a bagger for about 4 months. I thought this was going to be a customer service job but it turned out to be a salesperson type of job.

Anyways I had my interview today and the guy said there is 4 interviews all in the hiring process, and I saw people leaving and getting cut, like 30 year old women for example.
So the guy I had interview me was cool wit me he said he reminded me of him when he was younger. SO I passed the first interview and a senior manager come in show us videos and etc. present us stuff, and he said if you can get at least 3 people to sign up for a $800 policy then you can get paaid $1200 the next week, etc. and I am only 18 year old in there and everyone is 30, the senior manager said he was 31 so back to the story after the presentation, we had the step 2 interview and he still loved me, I have the 3rd interview tomorrow at 11:00 and If i make that then I get to pay $300 for a training type thing which will take 2-4 weeks and I get my insurance licence....

:whoa: Scam alert breh.