Job getting weird

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Real responses only.

Been at this small company for 6 months. It was only supposed to be a job until I found something better but I got comfortable and stopped looking.

Come to find out (smh), these small companies don’t have their shyt together and I’m doing mad work and stressed out.

Took some time off work to relax with my lady (3 days) and the female (old white lady) CEO called me out. My Director just put me on on PIP for 30 days.

I’m applying, but for the most part… it’s a wrap right? I got offers on the table but I’m never quitting

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
These fools are based in Indiana and still didn’t know my frat :snoop:

Also note: I’m the only Black person. Not even a Black female. Only 30 people, but still :yeshrug:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Real responses only.

Been at this small company for 6 months. It was only supposed to be a job until I found something better but I got comfortable and stopped looking.

Come to find out (smh), these small companies don’t have their shyt together and I’m doing mad work and stressed out.

Took some time off work to relax with my lady (3 days) and the female (old white lady) CEO called me out. My Director just put me on on PIP for 30 days.

I’m applying, but for the most part… it’s a wrap right? I got offers on the table but I’m never quitting
You're right to look, but whether it's a wrap or not depends how you do on this PIP.

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they (your manager and other approvers) approve your PTO?

What does the PIP have you working on?

Silky Johnson

The Master Investbreh
Daps
Reppin
Hatersbridge, BX
Real responses only.

If this a tech job, you need to get familiar with ITIL so you can talk that talk when it comes to the service value chain and process management. Small companies are good for trying to get you to make exceptions to the process because that's how so and so always did it.

That's when you clap back with the "per policy... This is outside of scope... That's not standard practice..."

It's a wrap though. A PIP is really "we already decided to move on but we need the paper trail so you can't sue". Ive been there (a few times) breh :francis:

These fools are based in Indiana and still didn’t know my frat :snoop:

Also note: I’m the only Black person. Not even a Black female. Only 30 people, but still :yeshrug:
Word of advice from a breh with almost two decades in the game....be personable without getting personal.

They don't need to know nor care about your frat, the time your homey got shot or the wild night with your line bros. Best believe that everything you say can and will be used against you when it's you vs them. CYA & protect ya neck at all times.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real responses only.

any updates?

hope things worked out for you