Job Interview in Cupertino...

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
How do you feel about work life balance? That global procurement role is pretty shytty in that you always have to be available, you need to travel pretty often, and you're always doing calls with Asia from what i hear. i've had some friends who worked that job and hated it and some buddies that turned it down. Seems pretty miserable IMO, though it is a higher profile job in the supply chain world.

Its workable, I set my Asia meetings for 4pm and if I have any meetings after that I leave work early or I show up to work late . That said I think it depends on what team you are on , I have the autonomy to show up and leave whenever. Im working less than 40hrs a week on average.

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
This is what i needed breh. Naturally traveling is expected but i got the feeling that they hadn’t been completely straight forward with how much.

The company culture is more important to me tho. Although Apple is clearly a big deal for a career, Amazon is also building HQ2 a few blocks from where i work so I’m truly not desperate for this position. I also have to consider my gf and baby who would be coming too

You gotta look at apple as a stone to GOOG, gotta make a 2 year sacrifice if the team is as shytty as you are assuming. Then again life is all about decisions, not everyone's situation is the same and not every opportunity is the same.....gotta decide and stomach the results.....................If you value worklife balance Amazon is a NOGO regardless of division!

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its workable, I set my Asia meetings for 4pm and if I have any meetings after that I leave work early or I show up to work late . That said I think it depends on what team you are on , I have the autonomy to show up and leave whenever. Im working less than 40hrs a week on average.

Is this in the context of working supply chain, working at Apple, or both? Less than 40 hours a week is way different from what I've heard, but maybe it depends on teams as you mentioned.

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
Is this in the context of working supply chain, working at Apple, or both? Less than 40 hours a week is way different from what I've heard, but maybe it depends on teams as you mentioned.
Supply chain for a large Silicon Valley company , not apple, and yes team is everything , very hard to generalize

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
Goodluck if you decide to go for it breh.

Just know there are not a lot of black people out here in the Silicon Valley. When people say companies here are diverse, they mean everything but black :mjpls:

We could use more brehs out here so I hope you get it :salute:

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Goodluck if you decide to go for it breh.

Just know there are not a lot of black people out here in the Silicon Valley. When people say companies here are diverse, they mean everything but black :mjpls:

We could use more brehs out here so I hope you get it :salute:

Ended up officially passing on the trip out there last weekend. No regrets either. I think if this was 3-4 years ago, i woulda been on it. But it’s just not worth it at this point in my life.