Joe Biden: "I'm going to run in 2020"

samtalksradio

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Belle Glade FL
some-creepy-joe-biden-178118.gif
Hmm looks like ol Joe loves to eat pizza.

Y'all up on game no what I'm talking bout.:sas2:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
IF he got thru the primaries,

His connections to the financial industry from his Senate days would have been a huge deal. Sanders would have definitely gone after that and Trump as he did with HRC would have too.

However, Joe's favorables are much higher than HRC. He probably would have campaigned in the Midwest extensively like 2012. Biden can strike populist tones in a campaign albeit with a gaffe even though he's establishment center.

There's no email scandal. There's no Benghazi really.

Biden probably turns out more Democrats. It would truly be a running for a third Obama term.

There is no way he would've gotten past Hillary. It would've put Obama in a really bad spot because he was grooming Hillary to be his successor for years. Biden wouldn't have gotten the black vote which Hillary had. She was even getting the black vote over Obama for a while until blacks got locked in and started voting for him in the primaries. Even then she was still getting a lot of that support.

Ironically Trump decided two years ago to seriously run for president and one of the main guys who advised him was Bill Clinton. Trump would've ran as a democrat but he knew he couldn't get past Hillary in the primaries either. There's noting conservative about Trump, dude is a troll NY liberal Democrat for most of his life and now he's masquerading as a Republican. Even republicans know trump is not one of them so I don't think they will hold him to a lot of campaign promises but a lot of voters who are true conservatives will.

As far as 2020, even a good candidate like Sherrod Brown will be close to 70 in 4 years so there has to be someone younger running who could actually win. There may be some democratic outsider sorta like what Trump did.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I never understood why people wanted Joe to run. He's to the right of both Hillary and Obama. He has the same corporate ties. And he was the architect of the crime bill. Is it a personality thing?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
No more candidates in their late 60's, need to do something near radical, someone in their 50's, use all the animosity and outrage to the Dems advantage.....I would say a woman, and if it would work, I'm with it, but I think sexism is just so ingrained, and people so disillusioned from this election, a man is a safer bet.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I never understood why people wanted Joe to run. He's to the right of both Hillary and Obama. He has the same corporate ties. And he was the architect of the crime bill. Is it a personality thing?

Absolutely. He's meme-able and likeable.

On politics he's a centrist but his personality excites people. Progressives wouldn't be convinced which is why if he did run, he was going to make Warren his VP.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot
Obama set the template Trump followed it. Run as an outsider, have lots of charisma and a simple message. Biden cannot win a presidential election because 1. for the many times he tried he has never managed to even get past the first round. 2. The man has been in the Senate since before most of yall were a gleam in yall father's eyes, meaning his record is loooong, Republicans could merely spend months on his supreme court blockages. 3. He's gaff prone, if you think 'deplorables' was a self inflicted wound, you aint seen nothin yet! 4. Biden has never been a good politician, he's simply basking in the after glow of Obama...all Democrats have been. The fact that they picked the Castro brothers as their conduits to the latinos shows how fukked they're. Tim Caine knows more spanish than the brothers.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Should of ran this year
But he didn't, and he peddled that lousy my son just died garbage. Can we have candidates that aren't close to death? Doesn't he have grand kids? Why isn't he banging his daughter in law? This guy is who Paul Ryan wants to be.