Joe Budden and Lupe Fiasco on IG Live discussing Hip Hop politics

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
All artists ride the fence, and play both sides. By the nature of the business, they become politicians. Unless they truly don't give AF about the progression of their career in the industry, it's what they kinda have to do. I don't fault him for that.

Chip Skylark

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was talking about before the internet took over. He needed a team. Distribution deals n all that. shyt that most artists don’t have to worry about now since everything is digital.

And if you really want to be honest. The most successful artists now still are backed by a label with major players behind them. In reality most successful indie artists were once signed to a record label who helped build their base.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
Bro. You goofy bytch ni**@. You’re literally picking with the illest CAC ever created. An elite ally. You’re picking with. There has never been a CAC like me. This is your moment of reckoning. Choose wisely.

why do mods keep allowing this dude to come back? white dude on a hip hop site filled w/ black people calling them "bish nikkas". how many times has this been now? it boggles the mind.

:mjtf:

Lhark

All Star
Daps
Bruh these nikkas went and bought the rights to the song Kick Push sampled so they could get a cut of the profits. That is some diabolical shyt.:dwillhuh:
That's fukking GRIMEY

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Lupe was clearing up some misconceptions that Joe had about his gripes with Atlantic Records.

He dropped some details that I don't recall ever hearing before and I'm a big Lupe fan.

Joe was playing devil's advocate and saying that Altantic pushed his hits and gave him support when he was there, so he was calling Lupe out for being bitter after all these years with how his situation played out.

Lupe said that when he got to Atlantic, F&L was already done. Kick Push was already getting 200 spins a week on WGCI (biggest radio station in Chicago at the time) because of the moves they were making without the label. He was like, word got back to them that one of the Atlantic exec called the radio station and told them to stop playing the record. Lupe said that when they had a big meeting about it at Atlantic, all of the other A&Rs and executives were looking at the dude like...
:mjtf:

"Why tf would you block them from playing the record?"

Lupe said his response was that they were moving too fast and the label needed time to catch up. Lupe says, that really he wanted to slow the shyt down cause nobody had anything to do with the song, they didn't have any publishing or vested interest in the record, so that's why dude felt some type of way.

After this happened, Lupe says, that Atlantic flew out to the Philippines and met the woman who's song was sampled for Kick Push and they bought the whole song from her to gain back control over the music/record

:dead:

Joe started laughing and was like, "I can't front, that shyt is genius nikka"

:laff:

It was a lot of discussion tho, catch it on the re-up on Youtube or on his page before it clears

:yeshrug:

unreal