John Cena Rumored For Lead Role In 'Shazam'

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
If he really gets this role, Vince might just have to hold that L while looking for another Cena cause this would be a huge shot. We also might get Cena vs Rock Part 3 if Cena gets the role.

John Cena And Joshua Sasse Rumored For Lead Role In Shazam!

That Hashtag Show is reporting today that Joshua Sasse and John Cena (Bumblebee) have emerged as early frontrunners for the lead role in Shazam!

No official announcement from Warner Bros. just yet, but it’s understood director David Sandberg (Annabelle: Creation) plans to get the cameras rolling early next year ahead of an expected release in 2019, where the DC solo movie would join Wonder Woman 2 and, presumably, The Batman.

Assuming THS’ findings hold true, either Sasse or Cena will play the souped up version of Captain Marvel, Earth’s mightiest mortal, with an alleged casting call revealing that Warner’s DCEU is also on the hunt for an actor between the ages of 12 and 15 to play the young Billy Batson.

Joshua Sasse is undoubtedly the lesser known of the two, and it’s worth keeping in mind that both he and John Cena are merely rumored for the titular role. That being said, That Hashtag Show has a fairly commendable track record when it comes to superhero scoops – particularly those concerning Sony’s Silver and Blackspinoff – so don’t be too surprised if Warner winds up selecting a fan-favorite in the vein of John Cena, or someone like Joshua Sasse, for the coveted gig.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Its a perfect fit. Cena as a superstrong manchild? If it means the movie is targeted more to kids, even better.

For the movie with The Rock - sure - I guess,

shyt would be awkward as fukk when they do the next Justice League ensemble movie and the legit actors are all looking at him like :patrice:though.

He stands a much better chance if he can prove he can carry a franchise. If he can retrieve Transformers from the bushes, he might be in with a shot.:ld:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
For the movie with The Rock - sure - I guess,

shyt would be awkward as fukk when they do the next Justice League ensemble movie and the legit actors are all looking at him like :patrice:though.

He stands a much better chance if he can prove he can carry a franchise. If he can retrieve Transformers from the bushes, he might be in with a shot.:ld:
That's literally how JL looks at Shazam tho

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
That's literally how JL looks at Shazam tho

True.:ehh:

But the root of that is normally "Why is this grown dude acting like a kid?:patrice:" not "Is my agent telling me that I can't get more money, because they have to pay this non-acting meat head?:patrice:"

shyt is moot if he proves that he can pull a decent box office with Transformers, though :manny: