John Cena's contract has quietly expired

taker597

Superstar
Daps
It's a shame that it took like 8 years for his craft to finally mature and be a season pro in the ring. He may never be a 5 star worker, but that latter half of his career. He owns the crown for 4 Star Matches.

Cena didn't fail to company or put it on the downward spiral. WWE failed Cena and ultimately the direction of the company.

If it's not Reigns fault for being pushed to moon by Vince. Then, it shouldn't be Cena's either.

Going through his whole prime with no heel run kept him from being a transcendant star.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
It's a shame that it took like 8 years for his craft to finally mature and be a season pro in the ring. He may never be a 5 star worker, but that latter half of his career. He owns the crown for 4 Star Matches.

Cena didn't fail to company or put it on the downward spiral. WWE failed Cena and ultimately the direction of the company.

If it's not Reigns fault for being pushed to moon by Vince. Then, it shouldn't be Cena's either.

Going through his whole prime with no heel run kept him from being a transcendant star.

I didn't really follow Cena's career that much. What do you feel were his top 10-20 matches?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I didn't really follow Cena's career that much. What do you feel were his top 10-20 matches?
Shoot... That's a tough list, because Cena put out so many great matches and his TV catalog is wild. I'll just do feuds.

Vs. HBK
Vs. Edge TLC
Vs. RVD (ONS)
Vs. Undertaker 2004
Vs. CM Punk
Vs. AJ Styles
Vs. Dean Ambrose
Vs. Shins
United States Challenge
Vs. Ceasaro
Vs. Rock (1st match)
Vs. Jericho
Vs. Angle
Vs. Shield
Vs. Daniel Bryan(Probably my all time favorite Cena Match)
His Elimination Chamber and multi man matches are pretty good and underrated imo too.

That’s like all on the top of my head.

Honestly, you give him any halfway decent partner. He's great, but Cena can't carry a match.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Shoot... That's a tough list, because Cena put out so many great matches and his TV catalog is wild. I'll just do feuds.

Vs. HBK
Vs. Edge TLC
Vs. RVD (ONS)
Vs. Undertaker 2004
Vs. CM Punk
Vs. AJ Styles
Vs. Dean Ambrose
Vs. Shins
United States Challenge
Vs. Ceasaro
Vs. Rock (1st match)
Vs. Jericho
Vs. Angle
Vs. Shield
Vs. Daniel Bryan(Probably my all time favorite Cena Match)
His Elimination Chamber and multi man matches are pretty good and underrated imo too.

That’s like all on the top of my head.

Honestly, you give him any halfway decent partner. He's great, but Cena can't carry a match.

I remember he had that RAW match with HBK in 2007 in England I think.....thought it was classic. Never saw his WM match with him though.

Scott Larock

Its hard leaving thecoli but I gotta find a way...
Daps
Reppin
Hell
I don't know what really WWE could have done during that time, Austin/Rock gone and what they had no one really wanted to be that guy and adapt. Lesnar was kinda in and out and didn't really have the personality for it. Jericho was too small to really be a believable heavyweight champ. Orton was a mid-tier guy who got greater with age. Edge no, Batista didn't have the personality.

The only one who really was willing to play ball for the company who was believable was Cena. I know he's kinda sucked in the ring but he had the weight, look and the personality to do most of it just his performances were so bad but no one else really could step into that role as the face. Taker has been hurt since like 96-97 I heard and Kane wasn't it.

Triple H is just no liked on that level, so WWE was in a bad spot. The face of the WWE was always someone popular Austin, rock, hogan... someone had to fill in.