#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Dwayne Johnson to Star In, Produce 'John Henry and the Statesmen' For Netflix

hiram_garci-_dany_garcia-dwayne_johnson-rampage_premiere-getty-h_2018.jpg

Kevin Winter/Getty Images
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle director Jake Kasdan.

Johnson will star and produce the project, which is an original pitch from Tom Wheeler, whose credits include The Lego Movie and Puss in Boots.

Details are light but Johnson will portray Henry, the mythic African-American steel-driver from early American folk tales, and will lead an ensemble cast of the most popular figures from folklore and legend from all around the world.

“Netflix is the perfect partner and platform for us to continue entertaining our global audience in a disruptive way,” said Johnson in a statement. “These diverse characters speak to a legacy of storytelling that is more relevant than ever and span across a worldwide audience regardless of age, gender, race or geography."

Joining Johnson as producers will be Kasdan, Seven Bucks Productions’ Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, who helped develop and longtime collaborator Beau Flynn of FlynnPictureCo.

The project was acquired in a bidding war situation.

Netlfix’s head of film Scott Stuber touted the worldwide nature of the project and Johnson’s appear, saying the story had universal appeal and calling Johnson a global superstar.

Said Hiram Garcia: “Developing an expansive universe of characters that present a needle-moving premise while entertaining our domestic and international audiences, is priority for Seven Bucks Productions. Tom’s brilliant concept aligned perfectly with our company's creative sensibilities. We are ecstatic to develop this shared universe populated by a vast library of American and international folk heroes. The possibilities are limitless.”

Seven Bucks and FlynnPictureCo. recently wrapped Johnson’s Jungle Cruise for Disney while Johnson and Seven Bucks are currently filming Universal’s Hobbs and Shaw in London.

Kasdan is in pre-production on a sequel to Jumanji which Sony will release in December 2019. Wheeler is currently showrunning the Netflix series Cursed, based on a book he authored and illustrated by Frank Miller.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So it's gonna be like those American Legends cartoons Disney used to make?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
why the rock ex wife look like she on the same steroid cocktail as him in that pic in the OP :dahell:
I wonder if black twitter will allow the Rock be black enough for this role
i've always found these types of comments funny. Like i'd understand if the rock was half white but dude has no cac in his blood at all so why it matter :pachaha:we claim miles morales like a mufukka and he only half black too :russ:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I've seen him talk about being black too tho

I summon @R=G
No one knows what they are talking about. On his mom's side, apparently he close with those people. He hanged around him..they supported him 100 %. But he came in the game under his father's tagline and Rocky has stuck up for Mark Henry when people were calling him a gorilla in jest..so all these pro black wannabes in here dont know wtf they are talking about.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
why the rock ex wife look like she on the same steroid cocktail as him in that pic in the OP :dahell:

i've always found these types of comments funny. Like i'd understand if the rock was half white but dude has no cac in his blood at all so why it matter :pachaha:we claim miles morales like a mufukka and he only half black too :russ:
Is Halle Berry not black enough? Mariah? Obama? How far do everyone want to take it? And most of their favorite athletes are all over social media with anything but a black woman