John John Da Don Says Battle Rap Is Dying and Responds To 50 Cent Says Battlers Can't Make Records

Mr. Negative

Tell The Gang I'll Never Break My Promise, Mayne
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
nawl I ain't clicking play.

Battle rap ain't dying.

Battle rap just had this HUGE influx of interest all of the sudden because of Lux sonning Calicoe...

and even THEN the attention came because to the common person it looked like a clean cut nice minister looking dude berating a dumb thug with delusions of grandeur.

Now that attention has died down.

I'll wait for someone else to fill in the-

by not pushing play, I totally missed the point of what he's saying, didn't I.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
John actually said everything 100 percent real and correct :banderas: Was not expecting that. 'YonKers' :heh:

Mr. Negative

Tell The Gang I'll Never Break My Promise, Mayne
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
okay yeah I pushed play.

He IS 100 percent correct, on everything from why he feels like it's "dying", to Smack throwing up what I like to call "The Anynikka" gang sign, to exactly WHY battle rappers struggle to make records.

I still feel like Bill Collector could make some minor hit records. He just aint got the look or the rep.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of battle rappers have problems converting their battle rap fans into music fans because musically, they don't resemble how they sound on stage. You may have a guy get on stage & spit hot bars, but due to where he's from they be more of a trap artist for example.

A lot of battle rap fans turn to battle rap because they are searching for a certain level of lyricism that is lacking in music. If a battle rapper is not providing lyricism in their music they should not expect their battle rap fans to fukk with it. It's not about spitting battle rap bars on a track. It's about hearing a certain level of skill.

Based on the music I've heard from Surf, he basically sounds exactly how he does on that stage. I believe this could be reason why his music stands out the most among battle rap fans.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Before battle rappers problem was they tried to spit battle rap bars on beats all the time

Now battle rappers try to hard to sound like nikkas in the mainstream

But some make good music like Tsu Surf, Suge, Math (depending), Big T, Lux music is solid, Qleen Paper actually has some dope shyt too

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I salute John John....he seems like a real solid dude...that helps me support his raps...though i still dont like the abcd shyt lol it was fire the first time but i see what he doin

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
A lot of battle rap fans turn to battle rap because they are searching for a certain level of lyricism that is lacking in music.

THIS. I swear to everything I love that is exactly why I watch battle rap so religiously. If it ain't someone lyrical like skyzoo or something to get me hype like meek mill, my phone consists of DIlla beats, Madlib, Nujabes Pete Rock or some kind of beats because lyrics are out of the question now a days...

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
Before battle rappers problem was they tried to spit battle rap bars on beats all the time

Now battle rappers try to hard to sound like nikkas in the mainstream

But some make good music like Tsu Surf, Suge, Math (depending), Big T, Lux music is solid, Qleen Paper actually has some dope shyt too

This song made me a musical hoffa fan.