John Wall: "Bro, I can really get 30 every night. I just don't"

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats a direct quote - its tough seeing guys like him and Klay trying to fight through age & injuries - we really are seeing a turning of the guard in the league right now - so much fun, young talent

this comment had me :dead: tho

Apprentice

everybody in the world needa lul tim
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The nikka at school who got the new shoes but jus don’t wear em :mjlol:

Edit: awwww…. We got duped

Point guard is arguably the hardest position in basketball, and Kevin’s trying to fully grasp that role. What have you been able to take from his development, especially given the time you two spent together here?

Like I tell K (Porter), he’s more of a scoring guard than I was. Like (in Washington), I can go get 30 but that’s not my job. My job was to get everybody involved. And I tried to tell him “You got the ball all game. You can shoot it whenever you want, you’re the point guard.” But early on for me, like the first quarter, I try to get everybody involved, let them get a rhythm early on. So during the rest of the game, if I’m getting double-teamed, these guys already have a rhythm. They’ve seen the ball go in the basket. They’ve been able to touch the basketball.

(Note: John Wall later reached out to The Athletic to clarify he was talking about his time in Washington with the Wizards.)

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seeing as he was just talking about while he was playing with the Wizards, I really don't see the issue here.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Ya'll are worse than cacs with these narratives. That quote is not even close to what the interview was about

Those are the things you have to continue to do because it ain’t all about just scoring. If you’re just a scorer and you’re not having a good scoring night, what are you on the floor for? You don’t bring any other assets to the game.

I bring more than just scoring. It’s a bonus to me, but people don’t think I can score. Bro, I can really get 30 every night. I just don’t, I would rather get 20 and 10 and be fine with that, with four steals and three blocks and s— like that. That’s what I like to do.