Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen...A Restaurant Where You Pay What You Want

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
:ehh:
12417575_1042186485853372_7516197935025009078_n.jpg

JBJ Soul Kitchen Video - Jon Bon Jovi Soul Kitchen

All are welcome at our table.
At the JBJ Soul Kitchen, a place is ready for you if you are hungry, or if you hunger to make a difference in your community. For we believe that a healthy meal can feed the soul.

Happy are the hands that feed.
Those who volunteer are guided by Soul Kitchen staff through their tasks. Volunteering at Soul Kitchen can lead to qualifying for job training.

When there is love, there is plenty.
As you will see, our menu has no prices. You select what you like and make the minimum donation. If you can afford to donate more you are helping to feed your neighbor. If you are unable to donate, an hour of volunteering pays for your meal.

Good company whets the appetite.
At Soul Kitchen, neighbors from across the street or across town, new friends, families, those in need of help and those with help to offer, come together and share a good meal and the warmth of good company.

Friendship is our daily special.
Introduce yourself to the person seated beside you or across the table. Stay awhile and stay informed of all the ways Soul Kitchen is dedicated to eliminating hunger, building relationships, and celebrating community.

End the meal with a slice of happiness.
At Soul Kitchen the main ingredient is Love, with a large helping of you. Our chefs prepare our healthy, delicious meals with the freshest ingredients, some grown in our own organic garden. At the JBJ Soul Kitchen all are treated with cheerfulness, kindness, and respect.

What is the JBJ Soul Kitchen?
The Soul Kitchen is a Community Restaurant, a non-profit community program run by the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation.

What is a community restaurant?
A Community Restaurant is a place where individuals or families can come to eat a hot, nutritious meal in a warm, welcoming setting and meet their neighbors.

Do I pay for my meal?
Times are tough and we understand. If you are unable to pay for your meal, you can volunteer at the Soul Kitchen as your payment.

What would I have to do?
You could come and prepare food for a meal. You could come and help us set the tables with dishes. Maybe along the way you were a waitress or waiter, you could help out at the restaurant by serving others. We need people to bus tables and help clean or stock items. We need people to wash and dry dishes. There are lots of opportunities to help.

What kind of food is served?
Soul Kitchen serves a 3-course meal based on American Regional cuisine, starting with your choice of salad or soup, followed by a choice of a fish dish, a meat dish or a vegetarian selection. The meal is finished with a fresh baked dessert. All of the dishes are made with fresh, local (and when possible) organic ingredients.

View a sample menu for Soul Kitchen here.

If I wanted to pay, how much would a meal cost?
A donation of $10 per meal covers the cost of each meal, anything extra helps defray the cost of someone else’s meal.

How do I make a reservation?
Reservations are not needed at JBJ Soul Kitchen. We welcome everyone at our table and will seat guests on a first come, first serve basis.

How can I volunteer?
Our volunteer opportunities fall into two categories: 1) those that need to volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families; and 2) those that volunteer to help staff the kitchen to assist in providing the meals to those in need. For those that need to volunteer in order to provide a meal for themselves and/or their families, JBJ Soul Kitchen will always have an opportunity open for you. Please visit us during our hours of operation or email us atinfo@jbjsoulkitchen.org.

We understand that there are many who, in addition to paying, also want to provide some service and we encourage all to get involved in their communities. Our needs are almost filled, however we are still looking for volunteers to assist with washing dishes & busing tables, who live in the Red Bank area, and can volunteer on a regular basis. If you fit the above description and are over the age of 15 please email us at:info@jbjsoulkitchen.org. Please continue to visit our website for updates and information on specific volunteer opportunities or events.

We look forward to serving you at the Soul Kitchen.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Did nikkas miss the part where it says the MINIMUM donation is 10 dollars. Add a tip and you prolly gonna end up paying 13 bucks for a meal. Not really a deal tbh. I do like the volunteer if you are broke to pay for your meal part though.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
It's not really pay what you want. It's $10 a meal, and you can donate to the charity if you want.