Jon Jones: 'Good news coming. I'm expecting to be back in the Octagon very soon'

mr x

Superstar
Daps
It makes sense:

1. You fail a drug test.
2. You get pulled from your fight.
3. You are given an opportunity to defend yourself and explain why you failed the drug test.
4. If you have a legitimate reason why you failed a drug test (tainted supplement), they reduce your suspension (to 6 or so months).
5. If not, you get suspended for 2 years.

3. Should come before 2. (Depending on how far in advance the test was of course)
If you're test was tainted, that changes everything....but then again if you get suspended 6 mths anyways, then I guess it doesn't make sense for the fight to happen first.

Again imo.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
3. Should come before 2. (Depending on how far in advance the test was of course)
If you're test was tainted, that changes everything....but then again if you get suspended 6 mths anyways, then I guess it doesn't make sense for the fight to happen first.

Again imo.
Nicca :childplease: do you know how long it takes to prove your innocence in this circumstance

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can yall still root for Jones?

Cocaine, PEDs, drunk driving.....he's just gonna fukk up again.

If Jones was white, yall would be calling dude a pampered fraud. Yall about as bad as the whites on Sherdog.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
How can yall still root for Jones?

Cocaine, PEDs, drunk driving.....he's just gonna fukk up again.

If Jones was white, yall would be calling dude a pampered fraud. Yall about as bad as the whites on Sherdog.
I think its pretty divided in here so no to your last point. See the thread where he got busted.
But yeah honestly he's gonna screw up again. He's damn talented which makes his fukk ups even more frustrating. He needs serious help and even Jones fans need to acknowledge this

Last edited:

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If UFC really wanted to send a message to Jon, they'd make his comeback a co-main event against Gus...I don't know if Jon could get it done against that dude with only 3 rounds to work with.

But he's Jon....so they'll give him an immediate title match. :snoop:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
If UFC really wanted to send a message to Jon, they'd make his comeback a co-main event against Gus...I don't know if Jon could get it done against that dude with only 3 rounds to work with.

But he's Jon....so they'll give him an immediate title match. :snoop:
Whatever happens he's gotta see Gus again. I don't care what anyone says that was one of the best MMA fights hands down.
tbh tho I don't know...... I'd prefer the fight to be 5 rounds. It pushed them both to the limit

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd prefer that, too.....but Jon wouldn't :lolbron:

Jon's gonna be gone for 4 years...by the time he comes back, he'll probably be a heavyweight anyway. :manny:

At the end of the day, UFC's lightheavyweight division needs to focus on DC, Rumble and Gus...prepare for Rockhold and Weidman....and start building up Nikita Krylov. :wow:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd prefer that, too.....but Jon wouldn't :lolbron:

Jon's gonna be gone for 4 years...by the time he comes back, he'll probably be a heavyweight anyway. :manny:

At the end of the day, UFC's lightheavyweight division needs to focus on DC, Rumble and Gus...prepare for Rockhold and Weidman....and start building up Nikita Krylov. :wow:
He just fought in april how would it be 4 years ??

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he got caught w/ 2 PEDs.....2 yrs. suspension each....and I'm not as optimistic as some of yall that he doesn't do the full time.

He'll be back April of 2020 as a 240 lb. yoked up heavy. :wow: I'll still be suspicious of him, though.