Jonathan Coachman on WWE/XFL: They still owe me money.

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
Had Coach paying his own expenses and declared bankruptcy before he could turn in his invoices :picard:

tenor.gif

First things first I hate how Corey always talks down to a black co-announcer these are grown as men often bigger than that meth head if anything they should refer to them as Mr. so and so. Somebody should’ve been told Vince that it’s horrible optics (a tattooed meth guy talking down on a brother in a suit respectability politics never work).

Coachman been a hoe for WWE and that’s why that ESPN shyt ain’t work out especially since he had separated himself somewhat. I recall something I was listening to and it hit this point that had me go like Webay (:ohhh:) if WWE such a global leader why aren’t their people getting picked up by Hollywood from producers and up? Because nobody wants that stink of Fake on them. ESPN had a deal with WWE to promote on there and it was sick Roman Reigns on first take :russ:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
This is fukked up. But he wasn’t doing business right. That old handshake deal bs is not good business. It’s too much money involved for all that. But yea wwe is trash company to work for
I think the old vince probably would have made it right but this is fully evolved public company vince. The 90s vince was completely gone by around 08 or 09 lol.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
First things first I hate how Corey always talks down to a black co-announcer these are grown as men often bigger than that meth head if anything they should refer to them as Mr. so and so. Somebody should’ve been told Vince that it’s horrible optics (a tattooed meth guy talking down on a brother in a suit respectability politics never work).

Coachman been a hoe for WWE and that’s why that ESPN shyt ain’t work out especially since he had separated himself somewhat. I recall something I was listening to and it hit this point that had me go like Webay (:ohhh:) if WWE such a global leader why aren’t their people getting picked up by Hollywood from producers and up? Because nobody wants that stink of Fake on them. ESPN had a deal with WWE to promote on there and it was sick Roman Reigns on first take :russ:

Vince is a carny through and through is why. It must burn his heart to know he's the stringer bell of wrestling. Dude had the goat comedian on his payroll and probably didn't take any of his ideas.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
Coach is like fukk wwe at this point I think he knows he's never going back so he's just airing everyone out.

Former WWE personality Jonathan Coachman was a special guest on Ad Free Shows to discuss his wrestling career. Subscribers in the “Top Guy” tier had the chance to grill Coachman on the entirety of his career in both wrestling and broadcasting. Coach touched on what led to his transition from the microphone to in-ring work.

“Vince [McMahon] walked up to me one day at the gym in Stamford. He was already upset because I was bigger,” Coachman said. “I’m about 6’3” & a half, played college basketball. Vince likes his backstage interviewers to be really small, so the guys look really big. Plus, I was starting to create this Coach character. So [Vince] said, ‘Hey listen, we have an idea. We would love for you to become a character but in order to do that you’d have to be willing to get in the ring and be physical.’ So I would come to the arena early and train with Chris Benoit, with Steven Regal. I was never gonna be a guy to wrestle 25-30 minute matches, but I could do 10-15.”

Coachmen also elaborated on the bond he created with Chris Benoit during their time together in WWE.

“I hold a very special place in my heart for Chris Benoit, and I know a lot of people don’t understand that,” Coachman said. “But understand, we were together so much I knew the man and the torment that was going on. What he did was awful but how he treated me was amazing. All of that happened on the day that I got married as a matter of fact. That weekend. He’s the one that trained me and thank goodness over the years they’ve had some research to show that he wasn’t in his right mind. He was as gentle and kind with me as anyone.”

Coachman had a unique relationship with McMahon that could be both fantastic and tumultuous at times. Coachman recalled once getting beat up on WWE television for turning down a trip to Afghanistan for the Tribute to the Troops event.

“Back in 2004 or 2005, when we doing our shows in Afghanistan, it was supposed to be, ‘if you don’t wanna go, you don’t have to.’ It’s supposed to be completely up to you because we were going into a war zone and they couldn’t make you do it,” Coachman recalled. “That’s what was told to us. My first child was about to be born. My wife at the time, and rightfully so, didn’t want me going into the middle of a war zone. So I told the people that set it up at WWE, ‘I’m not going’.

“At that point, I had never said no to Vince once in my career, so they thought I was joking,” Coach said. “The next week, I was doing commentary. When the show was over, one of the referees came over and said, ‘You need to go hit the Undertaker from behind’. I said ‘Why?’ and he said ‘It’s just what they’re telling me’. So basically, as punishment for not going to Afghanistan, I got beat up by the Undertaker. Then they hit Batista’s music and he came down and finished the job. As I’m getting my ass kicked, I’m thinking, ‘Is this really worth it?’ I’ve done everything I could possibly do, and I’m getting my ass handed to me for refusing to go to a war zone even though I went the year before.”

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Coach is like fukk wwe at this point I think he knows he's never going back so he's just airing everyone out.

No man should have that much control over your livelihood. Double quads needs a serious beatdown.

Side note: Whenever I watched Coach, he always seemed like a pushover to me. Anyone else?