Jordan Peele: "For young black horror filmmakers, if you have a script, reach out"

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:blessed::obama::myman::lawd::mjcry:
"For young black horror filmmakers, if you have a script, reach out and I'll try to help it get made. Monkeypaw Productions is my production company and we're really trying to promote untapped voices in genre."

Peele blames the lack of diversity in Hollywood on a couple of things.

"One is there's this misconception in Hollywood - that is hopefully nearing its end - that black leads in films don't do well, particularly overseas," he explained.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I checked the article, there was no contact info so I'm assuming he means to contact him via twitter.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
If anybody's gonna submit their script make sure you copyright it first. Don't get fukked over :ufdup:

Even better is to get an agent first, if you're gonna make that type of move into the industry as an unknown it pays off to have counsel. It also separates you from the other hopefuls who don't have any real representation and don't know how to negotiate.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Even better is to get an agent first, if you're gonna make that type of move into the industry as an unknown it pays off to have counsel. It also separates you from the other hopefuls who don't have any real representation and don't know how to negotiate.
Yep. I also think he's hinting at black people already in the industry, but their voices haven't been heard yet.

However, who knows...a newcomer should still try.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
unknown writers don't get agents.