Joss Whedon Reiterates Why He's Not Directing Marvel's AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Remy Danton

All Star
Daps
zSb0hjr.png

With the Russos all set to helm the third and fourth installments to the Avengers franchise, Joss Whedon explains here why he's not returning to the director's chair after Age of Ultron. Check it out!

An exhausted Joss Whedon was putting the finishing touches on Avengers: Age of Ultron just a few weeks ago when he spoke with Entertainment Weekly for their current magazine issue. And among things they discussed was the fact that he will not be directing nor writing the third and fourth installments, Avengers: Infinity War - Part I and Part II. “Every movie I have ever made has been an ensemble piece of increasingly enormous proportions,” Joss Whedon told EW while sitting next to Marvel Sudios honcho Kevin Feige. “That many balls in the air, it’s only going to get bigger with Infinity War. I’m not going to be able to give it what I would need to. It’s a young man’s game.”

While doing an impression of Al Pacino in The Godfather, Kevin Feige said to Whedon, “Just when you think you’re out, you get pulled back in.” Which prompted the Age of Ultron director to point his finger at the Marvel producer, and quip: “That’s the other reason I’m not making a third one.”

As Marvel Studios finally announced earlier this week, the two-part Avengers: Infinity War will be helmed by Captain America: The Winter Soldier directing duo Anthony and Joe Russo, who are currently prepping for Captain America: Civil War to start shooting later this month. The Russos will also be reteaming with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely on the Phase 3 event, which will see Earth's Mightiest Heroes take on the mad titan Thanos, played by Josh Brolin. Anyhow, Infinity War: Part I is set for release on May 4, 2018, while Part II will open May 3, 2019.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=118451

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
I'm sure that he will still be involved and have his input, just gotta salute the man for helping making this possible

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
He was good, but them dudes who did Captain America 2 are better

:manny:
^Winter Soldier >>>The Avengers
think yall are downplaying how well whedon works with an ensemble cast....dealing with just one hero and having it work well is a lot easier than making an entire team gel and have it look good instead of out of place (specifically the teamwork during fights which was absolutely perfect)....plus u mufukkas aint even seen ultron yet so he could have improved tenfold

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Russo Bros. filmed some incredible action sequences in Winter Soldier. Whedon isn't really an action guy. He's a good dialogue guy but we done talkin :birdman:

Like I said before though, Thanos ain't The Winter Soldier. He's not gonna be boxing Avengers in the middle of the street. The Russos have nothing like "Infinity War" in their entire career.

Eh....I don't mean to sound overly negative but cats are super gassed off "TWS" when that's literally the only thing these directors (and writers) have going for them. That movie was great but it's not enough for me to be :krs: over them directing these movies.

Fred.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Like I said before though, Thanos ain't The Winter Soldier. He's not gonna be boxing Avengers in the middle of the street. The Russos have nothing like "Infinity War" in their entire career.

Eh....I don't mean to sound overly negative but cats are super gassed off "TWS" when that's literally the only thing these directors (and writers) have going for them. That movie was great but it's not enough for me to be :krs: over them directing these movies.

Fred.

I'd like to see Joss make another TV series anyway.

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
Well the Russo's made TWS so good, it's because they had tons of time to rework the script with the original writers before filming. Doesn't seem like they will get that chance with Civil War just because the popularity of TWS they are getting rushed into production right away. I hope they can make a good 3rd Cap movie if they can, I will definitely like to see what they can do with a full fledge Avengers flick.