Judge rules Ja Morant acted in self-defense against teen

Nick Street

Rookie
Daps
Title is inaccurate. The judge did not rule Morant acted in self defense. The judge ruled that Morant, under TN law, is entitled to the presumption of self defense. That means the plaintiffs lawyers carry a higher burden because they must prove that Morant did not act in self defense, vs Morant’s lawyers having to prove that he DID act in self defense. The judge has not made any actual ruling on the facts of the case and whether or not Morant did or did not act in self defense. He just made a ruling on the law. I am not a litigator so take all that with a grain of salt but I’m pretty confident that the jist of my reply is a lot more accurate than the title of this post. Mods should flair this as misleading

Title is fugazi. No ruling made yet.

:rudy:

LOL it's literally the title of the news article. :yeshrug:

From the source: wreg.com News Channel Memphis

" Shelby County Circuit Judge, Carol Chumney, ruled that Morant “enjoys a presumption of civil immunity” under Tennessee’s self-defense immunity statute and that the burden of proof shifts to Holloway and his legal team to prove that Morant didn’t act in self-defense."

Basically a presumption of self defense (like a presumption of innocence) They are gonna have to prove thier case. Because this happened in Tennessee (and at his home) that's gonna be extremely difficult.