Just Finished "A Most Violent Year"..Oscar Issac will be a good APOCALYPSE

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Good movie overall. Not groundbreaking, but something good to watch.

Most important is this guy Issac's facial expressions....this dude reminds me of a young Pacino that acts more mature if you know what Im saying.

I really think this guy is going to kill Apocalypse if they let they him go Hannibal Lecter withe the wordplay and facial expressions....:damn:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I loved it, it may crack my top 5 of 2014, but I'm not sure yet...Oscar Isaac is one of the actors I watch for now after this movie

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Really anticipating this….Saw a preview before 'Inherent Vice' last week, had only read about the movie before. Glad Oscar Issac got some decent work after that 'Inside Lleywn Davis' debacle last year….

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I loved it, it may crack my top 5 of 2014, but I'm not sure yet...Oscar Isaac is one of the actors I watch for now after this movie
I thought it was well done all round, good cinematography, great performances, good lord I love jessica chastain, but I found the movie kind of boring and bland and I didn't think it really went anywhere. There wasn't any tension for me and I wasn't really emotionally involved. It's very well crafted but a little meh to me, especially when they had godfather comparisons :beli: :beli: :beli: on the commercial for it

half the movie is about him getting charges pressed against him by the DA but that whole storyline went no where, the movie just ends with him closing the property and homey blasting himself.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought it was well done all round, good cinematography, great performances, good lord I love jessica chastain, but I found the movie kind of boring and bland and I didn't think it really went anywhere. There wasn't any tension for me and I wasn't really emotionally involved. It's very well crafted but a little meh to me, especially when they had godfather comparisons :beli: :beli: :beli: on the commercial for it

half the movie is about him getting charges pressed against him by the DA but that whole storyline went no where, the movie just ends with him closing the property and homey blasting himself.
I agree.

It felt like the great first half of a movie that gets insane in the 2nd half, the 2nd half never happened.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah this movie is so overrated. Where's the story? They bring up a bunch of shyt that winds up being about nothing.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I switched off halfway through. Most boring movie I've seen since Only God Forgives (which was even worse).

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I really like that movie
I dont get the hate its been gettin on here

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
:damn: I was looking forward to that. This movie is so deceiving too from the previews.

I wouldn't waste your time on OGF. I made it a thread about it too. First movie I've seen where literally have the audience walked out not even halfway through.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Thought it was boring as well, was expecting something "violent" to happen

The title was misleading lol

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I really like that movie
I dont get the hate its been gettin on here
I'll tell the movie really quick

c00n spanish cat marries a ex crooked cat that runs a heating and oil co, said company is facing charges from back when the dad had it so the c00n spanish cat has to face the charges, dude keeps getting his trucks robbed and does nothing about it but offer so philosophical quotes, dude finds out who was doing the robberies and movie ends