Just saw 12 Years a Slave

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
c00n...meaning a black person doing something willfully to impress white people at the expense of their dignity ...in a slave movie?
Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

:mjpls: On here the definition for the word "c00n" is "I cant think of decent retort to make to counter-argue a point that I strogly disagree with , so you're a c00n." :ufdup:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude is an underrated actor, can't understand why he isn't the next big thing.

He made some pretty dubious career calls, played unimportant roles in a number of Hollywood movies after 'Serenity' and 'Children Of Men'.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
My word :wow:

The hype is justified.

Brehs, I just saw 12 Years a Slave tonight. Words cannot explain the awesomeness of that movie. I just cannot :wow:

One of the most amazing films ever. I think the homie Steve McQueen is gonna get an Oscar. He the one :lupe:

Chiwetel Ejiofor too :ohlawd:

What a movie. Michael Fassbender :wow:

Best movie ive seen all year. This generation's Roots.

It should win a lot of Oscars. Not just for the acting and direction. The cinematography. The detail. I have not many words to say.

:ohhh: something told me with a black director this movie was going to be that REALNESS

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This will probably be the LAST slavery movie that I actually support in theaters because of McQueen and Chiwetol. I'm getting tired as fukk at the recent influx of slavery/subservient bullshyt they keep throwing at us but I know McQueen takes his craft serious and won't c00n it up, also I read the book this is based upon and was moved by the story

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Me either I've loved him( :whoa: no homo) in everything I've seen him in
The first movie I saw him in was serenity and man he killed that role.
Luke in children of men :wow:
Even in Four brothers he was good as an over the top villain.
He's a great actor and should be reckognized I need to read this book.

Have you seen Talk To Me? That in my opinion is his defining role, excellent performances from both him and the immortal Don Cheadle...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:russ: nikka you can look through history and see how they treat black people with awards and tell me im not stating facts

slave movies and movies where a white person helped a nikka come up are shoe-ins for awards, im not condoning the shyt or saying it's right cuz it's not, but that's what the reality is right now, i literally just read an article highlighting how hollywood typically only casts/give awards to black people for roles that could ONLY be played by black people and that shyt is 100% true.

No black people won ANYTHING for Django. Samuel Jackson wasn't even nominated despite having the film's best performance besides Leo. Jamie Foxx nor Kerry Washington won shyt, The only people who won were two Cacs so even then my hell still overlook us

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
No black people won ANYTHING for Django. Samuel Jackson wasn't even nominated despite having the film's best performance besides Leo. Jamie Foxx nor Kerry Washington won shyt, The only people who won were two Cacs so even then my hell still overlook us
we both know nikkas woulda been frothing at the mouth if they gave Sam an award for being the c00niest c00n in the history of slave films

but i see where you're coming from with jamie (kerry's performance wasn't all that imo..)