Just saw the new X-Men

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
I"ve been done with comic movies for a while, but friend of mine is in marketing and gets free tickets. Pretty good movie. I used to collect XMen and XFactor as a kid and it's REALLY roughly based on Apocalypse attacking NYC back in the 80s (one of those massive crossover events). They did Apocalypse right.

Only thing I didn't like was how they turned storm into a lightskin street urchin. Some corny humor in places too, but for all the characters they had to juggle, they did a good job. Liked how they did a cameo late in the movie too.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
All true...was a massive let down from the highs of FC & DOFP
I'll have to rewatch down the line but their was just something...off about the whole film that I couldn't put my finger on.

It still had some standout moments but they'd be in between other scenes that just didn't work.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I'll have to rewatch down the line but their was just something...off about the whole film that I couldn't put my finger on.

It still had some standout moments but they'd be in between other scenes that just didn't work.
Even the standout stuff to me either had some bad parts or weren't as good as they had been in earlier x men movies.

A couple of Magneto scenes were great until the last 30 seconds of so of the scene. like when his kid dies, its a very well done scene mostly until he starts screaming at the sky, then it became overkill. And then at Auschwitz you have him destroying the place that caused so much pain and suffering, only for Apocalypse to start yelling about building a better world.

As for the stuff about earlier movies, the quicksilver scene is almost the same as it is in the last movie, just with him moving people to safety instead of taking out guards. Also I thought that Jean sacrificing herself in x2 and then being reborn as the Phoenix was better than they way it was done here.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
They did Apocalypse right? Nah

I used to collect comics during the original event and that was about a perfect vision of Apocalypse IMO. My problem was they should've recreated the original 4 Horsemen for them to make sense; Death (Angel), War, Famine, and Pestilence.