Just To Keep You Satisfied(1970)

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
:myman:Was just listening to the Marvin version myself

I like all versions though. Everybody did their thing on em :wow:
Just To Keep You Satisfied is my all time favorite Marvin song. The emotions just scream through the speakers everytime I listen to it. Marvin just had that magic. I once listened to Just To Keep You Satisfied(Marvin solo version) like 30 times in a row when I was going through it. This one girl I had a crush on, and she had a crush on me back in 8th grade(early-00's), I tried reconnecting with her on FB in 2009, and she didn't remember me. I listened to Just To Keep You Satisfied like 30 times in a row and damn near cried. :russ:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Just To Keep You Satisfied is my all time favorite Marvin song. The emotions just scream through the speakers everytime I listen to it. Marvin just had that magic. I once listened to Just To Keep You Satisfied(Marvin solo version) like 30 times in a row when I was going through it. This one girl I had a crush on, and she had a crush on me back in 8th grade(early-00's), I tried reconnecting with her on FB in 2009, and she didn't remember me. I listened to Just To Keep You Satisfied like 30 times in a row and damn near cried. :russ:
Damn, that sucks. I think we all got that one person from high school we wish we could've got with. I've had a lot of crushes and thirsted for a lot of girls, but its only one that I wish I could've been with. So I definitely feel your pain on that front.

But yeah, it's up there as the goat breakout song or just for when you going through some shyt. There's a great sense of finality to it that I feel a lot of songs don't quite capture. It always makes me think back on my relationships and how they all just reached a point were they had to end. Sometimes it was easy, sometimes it was hard but it was always best.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Damn, that sucks. I think we all got that one person from high school we wish we could've got with. I've had a lot of crushes and thirsted for a lot of girls, but its only one that I wish I could've been with. So I definitely feel your pain on that front.

But yeah, it's up there as the goat breakout song or just for when you going through some shyt. There's a great sense of finality to it that I feel a lot of songs don't quite capture. It always makes me think back on my relationships and how they all just reached a point were they had to end. Sometimes it was easy, sometimes it was hard but it was always best.
Breh, Marvin had that magic. His voice was like the final instrument. Very few artist can convey their emotions so perfectly like Marvin. Just To Keep You Satisfied just hits on every note. Not much filler. I can't put my finger on it. I can't call it.

:mjcry: :wow:

That's probably why John Singleton featured it on Baby Boy.

:mjcry:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I never knew that this song was a remake. I just remember hearing Marvin’s version on Baby Boy & I was like “I gotta find that song.” It’s still one of my favorites by him til this day.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
I never knew that this song was a remake. I just remembered hearing Marvin’s version on Baby Boy & I was like “I gotta find that song.” It’s still one of my favorites by him til this day.
The song is pure magic. The very first version was a track by the Motown doowop group The Monitors, back in 1969. Marvin wrote the song and tested the song by having Mowtown acts like The Monitors and The Originals record versions that Marvin helped produce for them.

The song's progress started in 1969 when Marvin began writing his own songs and was testing the songs out on other artists, most notably second-tier acts signed to Motown including the Originals and the Monitors. The latter group recorded an early version of the song, which was originally a love ballad and featured future Temptations member Richard Street performing the lead vocals. The following year, Gaye used the original music for the Monitors version for his religious composition, "God is Love".

In 1970, Marvin re-recorded the song with a different musical background and different lyrics for the Originals, who were having hits with Gaye's compositions, "Baby I'm for Real" and "The Bells", with Hank Dixon taking most of the leads. Gaye can be obviously heard in this version first singing "oh I love you girl/oh I love my woman" and also accompanied them in the background with the refrain, "I'll keep you satisfied, satisfied" while the other Originals improvised vocals while their original background vocals of "ooh baby" were repeated. This song was produced in a proto-quiet storm format and included a false fade.

Both versions by the Monitors and the Originals weren't released as singles. In 1973, while working on his album, Let's Get It On, Gaye was going through a public separation with his wife, Anna, who was the co-writer of the original "Satisfied". Marvin had based most of the songs on Let's Get It On, on sexual and romantic relationships. For "Satisfied", he decided to re-write "Satisfied" to contrast most of the songs' subject matter in response to his collapse in his relationship with Anna. He edited out the percussion from the Originals recording and also kept just their background vocals from the 1970 version, and overdubbed mixes with his own vocals.

In an alternate version, the Originals vocals are edited completely out of the song and replaced with background vocals by Gaye. The song was featured at the end of Let's Get It On and concluded with Gaye's spoken vocals in which he says in a soft tone, "oh well, all we can do is we can both try to be happy." Like most of Gaye's ballads during this period, the song reflected the singer's doo-wop roots.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Marvin killed that shyt.

Farrrrrreeeeewell.....my daaaaaaawlin.
WuOfiHP.png

UKVu0t8.gif

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
That's some macking ass music.

The 70's music was so smooth that you could make a super simp song sound mackish as shyt.