Just watched "The Thing (1982)" for the first time

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The CGI was so over the top in the 2011 version it just felt dumb.

The sad part is Amalgamated Dynamics did all practical effects in the movie. And it looked fukking awesome.

Then for some bizarre reason the studio replaced or "enhanced" everything with CGI, which looked like absolute dog shyt.

:francis:

Fred.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The sad part is Amalgamated Dynamics did all practical effects in the movie. And it looked fukking awesome.

Then for some bizarre reason the studio replaced or "enhanced" everything with CGI, which looked like absolute dog shyt.

Fred.

Put a hat on a hat studio brehs.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

Fred.

WOW! that looks amazing

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Fred.

Wow Never knew this. fukking studio suits are morons. I could understand if it was a cost cutting thing but I'm sure the CGI was more expensive and it looked like shyt. I saw the original on blu ray over the weekend and even though those practical effects above look great the OG still looks better. Everything in the OG has a wet sort of alive feel to it. It even moves more real. Classic personified.