Justin Bieber sells 100% of his publishing and music rights for 200 million

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Some of us just don’t want to worship celebrities and provide realistic doubt instead of thinking they are these divine beings that are safe from mistakes
i've taken the term "Celebrity" out of the equation and made it to cater to everyone in real life if they had the chance to have this much money. And if they do make the mistake, who cares? it really is hard to f*ck up this much money unless you're stuck on stupid and give no f*cks on throwing it away

REAL6

All Star
Daps
I could see him seeling his cage log for 200 mil but you're publishing on top of that? Someone must have had a gun to his head!!!

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
His catalogue must not be appraising well towards future royalties/licensing because i’d think his ENTIRE publishing/masters would be worth a little bit more….

It is worth more.

200m is only his share. He probably doesn't even own half of his own publishing (if you assume at least 50% goes to the producers and other songwriters)

And I'm sure that per song way more than 50% is owned by other people.

MidwestD

Clyde Frog's Shooter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli accountants always guaranteed to bring the comedy.

"Bbut he's not thinkin about his future. Cashed out a small 200 M's."
"He gave up forever money!" :damn:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

420MWO.com
Daps
It is worth more.

200m is only his share. He probably doesn't even own half of his own publishing (if you assume at least 50% goes to the producers and other songwriters)

And I'm sure that per song way more than 50% is owned by other people.
This is the part that this thread has overlooked. He is not the sole-songwriter of most of these songs

It also should be noted that the most valuable songs are “Love Yourself” and “What Do You Mean” while songs like “Baby” are merely going to be embarrassing memories for those who were fans of him at that time

MikeStamina

All Star
Daps
Darwin Award should be Renamed The Robert Kelly Award.

That's all I got from this Beiber headline

Smh

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
His best album imo but his least successful commercially. I guess the basic teenagers/Beckie’s (his core fanbase) didn’t feel them soulful R&b vibes :mjpls:

Contrast the commercial success and vibes of journals and the commercial success and vibes of his very next album(purpose). Two different albums with opposite vibes. :mjpls:

The label didn't support Journals and felt like it was too different from the music Justin was making before. In order to put it out, he did a campaign called Music Mondays where he released a song from the album every Monday for ten weeks. After that, he took all ten songs, added five more and put them together as a compilation album.

Because the label didn't support Journals, it was barely promoted and the songs didn't chart. It had two singles ("Confident" and "All That Matters"), but they barely did anything. I remember in real time hearing "Confident" and nothing else. The album was released at the end of 2013, a year that was stacked with competition and it was the same month Beyonce dropped her surprise album. Also, at that time, Justin was getting into more trouble and fukking up his image. Nothing was working in his favor for Journals to go anywhere. Nowadays, it has a cult following and most people consider it his best project. That's why when he released Changes, fans were expecting something like Journals because he considered it an R&B album.

His catalogue must not be appraising well towards future royalties/licensing because i’d think his ENTIRE publishing/masters would be worth a little bit more….

I think $200 million is just his share. The catalog is worth more than that so someone like Scooter Braun probably made out like a bandit with this sale.