Juvenile's '400 Degreez' Deluxe Edition With Bonus Tracks In The Works

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not even Clipse's best work...

They don't really have a southern sound, but they are from the South. So if we counting them We Got It 4 Cheap Vol 2 definitely is up there...
Recorded in Virginia with Virginia rappers and a Virginia producer.
HHNF is a classic rap album. Everything they dropped before Til The Casket Drops was no less than a 4.5

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Recorded in Virginia with Virginia rappers and a Virginia producer.
HHNF is a classic rap album. Everything they dropped before Til The Casket Drops was no less than a 4.5
I've never really agreed with the consensus on Hell Hath No Fury. I've always felt that was the moment Hypebeast type white folk "discovered" their music and gassed that album. It's good......We Got It 4 Cheap Vol 2 is unquestionably better in my mind, and I could make the argument for part 1 or 3 as well...

What I will agree on, is that everything they dropped between 2002 to 2008 was all borderline classic material...

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
What other albums would be in the running?

ATLiens - Outkast
Aquemini - Outkast
The Diary - Scarface
Soul Food - Goodie Mob
Carter II - Lil Wayne
boy boy boy. Yall just left out a lot of rap a lot and suave house discography hahaha. Hip hop in the south didn't start with no limit and Cash money. Geto Boys we can't be stopped is better than every album ever released on Cash Money, and I love cash money's shyt like UNLV and Kilo G. shyt, Kilo G was doing his best Scarface impersonation.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never really agreed with the consensus on Hell Hath No Fury. I've always felt that was the moment Hypebeast type white folk "discovered" their music and gassed that album. It's good......We Got It 4 Cheap Vol 2 is unquestionably better in my mind, and I could make the argument for part 1 or 3 as well...

What I will agree on, is that everything they dropped between 2002 to 2008 was all borderline classic material...
I stayed away from white outlets opinions on rap so I didn't even know they were hyping it up but I don't blame.

WGI4C vol 2 is a mixtape, sounds like a mixtape, and flows like a mixtape. It's dope but HHNF is an album that tells a story from track 1 with We Got It For Cheap to the last track with Nightmares. Not trying to sway your opinion because you got every right to like what you like I'm just pointing out way I put HHNF at the top.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry, but this is no hate: No Clipse album or mixtape is in the running for Top Southern album. Ya'll really trying to insert Clipse into conversations.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
boy boy boy. Yall just left out a lot of rap a lot and suave house discography hahaha. Hip hop in the south didn't start with no limit and Cash money. Geto Boys we can't be stopped is better than every album ever released on Cash Money, and I love cash money's shyt like UNLV and Kilo G. shyt, Kilo G was doing his best Scarface impersonation.

I agree with what you said about Suave House and all that but I still think 400 Degrees deserves to be in at least top 5 Southern albums all time quite easily, I would have it no lower than 3rd IMO

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
You mentioned Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped, but what other Rap A lot and Suave House albums should be considered?

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
You mentioned Geto Boys - We Can't Be Stopped, but what other Rap A lot and Suave House albums should be considered?
Mr Scarface is back
The world is yours!!!!!!
Til Death do Us part

And those are the most known for Rap a lot. I don't want to even get into unknown albums like Bringing Hell on Earth by Too Much Trouble(very controversial album that could not be possibly be made to day. Songs about robbing and raping women would not fly today).

On Suave House, you got Coming out Hard and ON To of the World. On Top of the World was 8ball/MJG coming out party for national exposure and Rap City play.

We also can't forget about Super Tight and even 2liv Crew's Nasty as they wanna be and Poison Clan albums. I love Juve's album. It was dope. It put Cash Money on the map nationally, but hip hop in the south was releasing classics long before 1998. I'm barely touching the surface..

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
From Rap-A-Lot you'd have
Big Mike Somethin Serious,
3-2 Wicked Buddha Baby
Devin-The Dude
Ganksta NIP The South Park Psycho.

From Suave House I would add Comin Out Hard and On Top Of The World by Ball & G, Another Day Anotha Balla by South Circle
Mr. Mike Wicked Wayz

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
From Rap-A-Lot you'd have
Big Mike Somethin Serious,
3-2 Wicked Buddha Baby
Devin-The Dude
Ganksta NIP The South Park Psycho.

From Suave House I would add Comin Out Hard and On Top Of The World by Ball & G, Another Day Anotha Balla by South Circle
Mr. Mike Wicked Wayz
Mr Mike was a lyrical mf. goddamn. And yes, I didn't mention a lot of Rap a lot albums, but definitely Something Serious.