Kam... a F.O.I. muslim who was quick to ride on a Crip or Blood.. sonned Cube & Dre, ate up Krs One

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
before the phrase Street Cred was used in hiphop it wasnt no secret that Kam's street cred was top notch...

dude was seriously slept on... i loved his Made in America album... a socially conscious G Funk album produced by Battlecat, Dj Quik, Warren G, Cold 187um from Above The Law, and E A Ski

Kam was the first rapper to make me realize how much pull Foi/Nation of Islam had in the hood by certain things he would say in his music

1:47mark :leon:

2:20mark

who remembers that vid wit Kam sonning Ice Cube and the reenactment of when his homie Solo knocked Cube out? :laugh:

9:45 mark.. Solo talkin bout when he knocked Cube out and robbed him :wow:

but enough about how official Kam is in the streets... he made some dope music.

who remembers that posse cut on the Bullworth sdt with Prodigy, Krs, Method Man and Kam? they all went in on the track... but Kam stole the show. imo he ate'em all

:krs:

this video NOI Swagg he put out a few years ago was powerful :salute:

Last edited:

tirademode

Duncan Hines monument cakes
Daps
I had one song of Kam's on a mix I made in the late 90s that I used to bump religously...

Never checked his albums in full so I'll have to search for it ... Be a good opportunity to check them out

Edit : it was Whoop Whoop . You found it for me

Bugsmoran

Double HipHop O.G.
Daps
Spider Loc talks about punking Dj Quik for disrespecting Kam :gladbron:

2005 Dubcnn interview

dubcnn.com: What kinda producers can we expect you to work with?

You know... I'm dealin' with all the typical producers that the G-Unit camp is familiar with. Everybody you're used to hear from Hi-Tek, in-house cats, you know who we got over there in the cut. But just subsequently so you know, I turned in 26 songs before I could get any type of help from 50 or anybody. I turned in one song without a hook, and 50 jumped on that immediately, so we got a banger together. Me and Buck was in the studio together, so he ended up on like 3 hooks for me. So we got 26 songs right now, and we just still recording, doin' whatever, doin' what we do, havin' a ball with this sh1t. This shyt is just too easy.

dubcnn.com: Will we see you fukkin' wit people like Battlecat, DJ Quik and them?

You won't see me fukkin' wit DJ Quik. I'ma let it be known man. The same Summer Jam I was tellin' you about where Buck walked me to the front of the stage and all that. All my life growing up, I had respect for Quik, even on the underground mixtapes where he was dissin', because as a MC, I always heard the clever side of what he was sayin'. I grew up on his music, always gave him his props. When I was out of town and Id be asked who's really from the streets, he's a n1gga I'd always include, just because of the fact that I got first cousins that's Bloods and I know what kinda corners he came from. Whether he was a hard ra-ra n1gga or not, that's irrelevant. But for the fact that his association really was where he was bloodin', before he got a record deal, that's the truth.

So I always was straight when I spoke on the n1gga. Ain't no n1gga out here claimin' the West Coast or L.A. I couldn't tell you about, what it is, if it's really there or not, I don't care who it is. Anybody who's from Los Angeles, they know Spider, or they know somebody that know Spider. I promise you. You either know me or you know somebody that knows me. That's just how it is, before the deal, before any rap publicity, that's just how my name is out here.

So anyway, back to what I was talkin' about. What was I sayin'?

dubcnn.com: DJ Quik...

Yeah! DJ Quik, you won't hear me with Quik, because of that Summer Jam sh1t. I always liked his shyt, but we was backstage, right before you get in. I already had my wristband on to let me go in, V.I.P. And we was kinda deep, we would get the wristbands, and pass them to homies at the gate so they could get in. Subsequently, Kam, West Coast Kam, Watts Up Kam, Peace Treaty Kam, he was at the gate. And they wouldn't let Kam in! They were like "Ain't nobody named Kam on the list".

dubcnn.com: You talkin' about the Summer Jam in L.A. this year?

Yeah.

dubcnn.com: I was there! I was there with Squeak Ru.

Yeah, I was there, you didn't see G-Unit perform?

dubcnn.com: I saw it real quick I missed most of the performance though, I was backstage I didn't really get to see too much of the show.

You walked in from the back though?

dubcnn.com: Yeah.

Okay well you know exactly what I'm talkin' about then, what scene I'm trying to paint. Quik was walkin' in that line, and Kam was out there on that side street behind the other gate. And I see Quik goin' in I tell him like, real respectful, "Whatup Quik? They won't let Kam in! They won't let Kam in!" He's like "Kam Kam?" I'm like "Yeah!" So he looks, he sees where Kam is at, he's like "Oh", you know you gotta zig zag in the line to get there. So he went down where I couldn't really talk to him, and when he came back up again, I'm like "Quik! What's up? They won't let Kam in!" He like "Oh man, I gotta see about gettin' me in.." So I was like "Oh, that's how we do it on the West? Kam a legend my n1gga! He legend like you! You ain't gone holla out for Kam" and he seemed like he didn't give a fukk.

So I started bangin' on him real hard, cuzzin' him a whole lot, sayin' my name, I was talkin' to him face to face, makin' sure spit was comin' out when I said my T's and my P's, I let him know he was a hoe ass mark ass n1gga, cause he wouldn't speak up for Kam. And I know about some lil weird sh1t he did with Kam back when they did a song together with Erick Sermon. I knew the direction the song was going in, the way he called Kam to come get on the song, and then once the shyt hit the fan, the way he played it like Kam came and did that on his own, and he was independent of it, and he unified with the person that was upset about the song, and left Kam out there in the wind... But I wasn't trippin' at it cause Kam wasn't trippin'. But then when I witnessed how he sh1tted on Kam outside the Summer Jam, nahhhh you won't hear him on my record!
:russ:

Here's the song Spider Loc is talkin bout

Dj Quik feat Erick Sermon and Kam - You Aint Fresh (Dr Dre diss)

Ultimate Warrior

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider Loc talks about punking Dj Quik for disrespecting Kam :gladbron:

2005 Dubcnn interview

dubcnn.com: What kinda producers can we expect you to work with?

You know... I'm dealin' with all the typical producers that the G-Unit camp is familiar with. Everybody you're used to hear from Hi-Tek, in-house cats, you know who we got over there in the cut. But just subsequently so you know, I turned in 26 songs before I could get any type of help from 50 or anybody. I turned in one song without a hook, and 50 jumped on that immediately, so we got a banger together. Me and Buck was in the studio together, so he ended up on like 3 hooks for me. So we got 26 songs right now, and we just still recording, doin' whatever, doin' what we do, havin' a ball with this sh1t. This shyt is just too easy.

dubcnn.com: Will we see you fukkin' wit people like Battlecat, DJ Quik and them?

You won't see me fukkin' wit DJ Quik. I'ma let it be known man. The same Summer Jam I was tellin' you about where Buck walked me to the front of the stage and all that. All my life growing up, I had respect for Quik, even on the underground mixtapes where he was dissin', because as a MC, I always heard the clever side of what he was sayin'. I grew up on his music, always gave him his props. When I was out of town and Id be asked who's really from the streets, he's a n1gga I'd always include, just because of the fact that I got first cousins that's Bloods and I know what kinda corners he came from. Whether he was a hard ra-ra n1gga or not, that's irrelevant. But for the fact that his association really was where he was bloodin', before he got a record deal, that's the truth.

So I always was straight when I spoke on the n1gga. Ain't no n1gga out here claimin' the West Coast or L.A. I couldn't tell you about, what it is, if it's really there or not, I don't care who it is. Anybody who's from Los Angeles, they know Spider, or they know somebody that know Spider. I promise you. You either know me or you know somebody that knows me. That's just how it is, before the deal, before any rap publicity, that's just how my name is out here.

So anyway, back to what I was talkin' about. What was I sayin'?

dubcnn.com: DJ Quik...

Yeah! DJ Quik, you won't hear me with Quik, because of that Summer Jam sh1t. I always liked his shyt, but we was backstage, right before you get in. I already had my wristband on to let me go in, V.I.P. And we was kinda deep, we would get the wristbands, and pass them to homies at the gate so they could get in. Subsequently, Kam, West Coast Kam, Watts Up Kam, Peace Treaty Kam, he was at the gate. And they wouldn't let Kam in! They were like "Ain't nobody named Kam on the list".

dubcnn.com: You talkin' about the Summer Jam in L.A. this year?

Yeah.

dubcnn.com: I was there! I was there with Squeak Ru.

Yeah, I was there, you didn't see G-Unit perform?

dubcnn.com: I saw it real quick I missed most of the performance though, I was backstage I didn't really get to see too much of the show.

You walked in from the back though?

dubcnn.com: Yeah.

Okay well you know exactly what I'm talkin' about then, what scene I'm trying to paint. Quik was walkin' in that line, and Kam was out there on that side street behind the other gate. And I see Quik goin' in I tell him like, real respectful, "Whatup Quik? They won't let Kam in! They won't let Kam in!" He's like "Kam Kam?" I'm like "Yeah!" So he looks, he sees where Kam is at, he's like "Oh", you know you gotta zig zag in the line to get there. So he went down where I couldn't really talk to him, and when he came back up again, I'm like "Quik! What's up? They won't let Kam in!" He like "Oh man, I gotta see about gettin' me in.." So I was like "Oh, that's how we do it on the West? Kam a legend my n1gga! He legend like you! You ain't gone holla out for Kam" and he seemed like he didn't give a fukk.

So I started bangin' on him real hard, cuzzin' him a whole lot, sayin' my name, I was talkin' to him face to face, makin' sure spit was comin' out when I said my T's and my P's, I let him know he was a hoe ass mark ass n1gga, cause he wouldn't speak up for Kam. And I know about some lil weird sh1t he did with Kam back when they did a song together with Erick Sermon. I knew the direction the song was going in, the way he called Kam to come get on the song, and then once the shyt hit the fan, the way he played it like Kam came and did that on his own, and he was independent of it, and he unified with the person that was upset about the song, and left Kam out there in the wind... But I wasn't trippin' at it cause Kam wasn't trippin'. But then when I witnessed how he sh1tted on Kam outside the Summer Jam, nahhhh you won't hear him on my record!

:russ:

Here's the song Spider Loc is talkin bout

Dj Quik feat Erick Sermon and Kam - You Aint Fresh (Dr Dre diss)

***snorts 38seconds**

He talking about quik but he didnt get him in either, he shoulda made the effort, lol.

The_Hillsta

Neva missin a beat
Daps
"The weekend? That shyt ain't nothin but another 2 days that nikkaz act crazy on." :laff:

Bruh, that's the moment I knew this cat was smthn special. Summer of 91' my cousin jeron came through to visit from the Chi, and the homeboi D. Put both them nikkaz up on Kam off that BITH soundtrack.

Then he went and hit nikkaz upside the head with this shyt on YO! like :damn:

Crazy how I've been listening to this cat since I was in junior high, saw him at raggaefest at UCLA. Bruh wasn't even performing he was out there huntin for hoe$ in the traffic just like us :heh:.

We both was at the red light and had tried to holla at the same bish. Chopped it up real quick up the block and was out. The two times I've ran into this cat he was rollin solo, just a real humble dude.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The Million man March pulled the wool from everyones eyes tho. Cube once refered to farrakhan as "baby Jesus" but in the end we see that there was more talk then action because with Farrakhans headquarters being in Chicago one has to ask 'where is all this pull the FOI have when the violence just continues?" If Farrakhan had all that pull how come his FOI troops couldn't stop what happened to Gaddafi?