Kamala Harris Fails To Explain Why She Didn't Prosecute Steve Mnuchin's Bank

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
All evidence is to the contrary, in an internal memo attorneys in her office stated that they had obtained evidence that Onewest:

Also worth noting

Steven Mnuchin’s Bank Accused of “Widespread Misconduct” in Leaked Memo

Appreciate the info. So, they were pressing for a civil action, not even a criminal case? There are a lot of questions, but the right answer is not fingerpointing "KAMALA HARRIS IS CORRUPT". That's what the Republicans and (Russians) want.

I'd want to see someone like Mnuchin indicted and sentenced to Madoff years. I truly believe had she filed civil sanctions against Mnuchin, the complaint would be the same. Why no criminal case? CORRUPTION! SHES CORRUPT!

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Appreciate the info. So, they were pressing for a civil action, not even a criminal case? There are a lot of questions, but the right answer is not fingerpointing "KAMALA HARRIS IS CORRUPT". That's what the Republicans and (Russians) want.

I'd want to see someone like Mnuchin indicted and sentenced to Madoff years. I truly believe had she filed civil sanctions against Mnuchin, the complaint would be the same. Why no criminal case? CORRUPTION! SHES CORRUPT!
but she did neither

and kamala was the only person he donated to...

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Watching AM JOY this morning is whats wrong with the dems today :scust:

I saw that bullshyt. Theywere trying to cape for scrubs like thyre' the best we can do. fukk Corey Booker too. He tried to stab Obama in the back to make himself look like a centrist Presidential candidate when Obama was still in office.

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This kind of black or white thinking is devastating to these elections, and needs to stop. I don't know all the details of this, but I will find out, calling Kamala Harris corrupt, because charges weren't filed in a state level case involing very sophisticated financial fraud violations is not accurate or constructive.
Kind of a red flag when she fails to prosecute him AND he gives money to her campaign, doesn't it?

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no he doesnt :yeshrug: coming out of retirement from bain capital? hed get his ass kicked. im thinking booker or franken is our best shot

this kamala harris talk is :camby:. shes not winning shyt
Booker and Frankenstein are complete garabge. Booker has so much dirt on him it's laughable to think he'd even contemplate running.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I don't care so much about purity politics.

I don't think this country is ready for a woman president.

I Find it interesting that we don't see these hit pieces about republicans.

is it a hit piece to criticize her time as AG? It has nothing to do with her being a woman

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is hilarious.

people rightly accuse the GOP of being captured by various corporate constituencies (guns, fossil fuel, insurance industries). The reason being that we see a direct relationship between the money that is donated by those industries and corresponding action (or inaction) by government officials.

please explain to me the difference between those examples and the relationship between the more "corporate" faction of the Dem party and the financial industry.

i would understand the corporate dems hesitancy if the financial industry had a large built in constituency (for instance the GOP worships the gun industry because the NRA is politically active and gun ownership is popular). how stupid do you look going to bat for an industry that everyone hates, and one that is based primarily in states that very reliably Democratic.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Setting aside her failure to prosecute Mnuchin, who later became her benefactor, here are some other issues:
Two of her senatorial campaign themes were “Criminal Justice Reform” and “Civil Rights, Equality and Justice for All”; however, as you can see her actions conflict with that rhetoric. I don’t get the enthusiasm for her. She’s pretty much the standard mediocre prosecutor who seeks higher office.

As stated in the article she fought against a bill to curb it and sponsored one to expand it. That goes beyond any “well prosecutors and CAF is complicated” styled apologizing some of you maybe tempted to do.
On balance, people like to frame the military argument as interventionist vs non-interventionist which is too vague. I don't see any evidence that she is anymore hawkish than the average Democrat. So interpret that at you own discretion.