Albums Kamasi Washington’s ‘Heaven and Earth’, OUT NOW!

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I thought that was too long, as well. I still probably haven't listened to the last hour of that.
His albums are not something that you listen to in one sitting. It took me like 3 days to finish The Epic, as well as this album... one disc per day.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I thought that was too long, as well. I still probably haven't listened to the last hour of that.
I feel you on that. I usually just listen to 1 disc at a time. Check out Harmony of Difference tho. It’s probably my favorite of them. Definitely the most concise and focused of all of em. And only like a half hour.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Harmony of Difference was one of my favorite releases of 2017. I wouldn't say that it's more "focused", but due it being an EP and way shorter in length than the other releases it's definitely more "concise".

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Denver
Harmony of Difference was one of my favorite releases of 2017. I wouldn't say that it's more "focused", but due it being an EP and way shorter in length than the other releases it's definitely more "concise".
To me it’s a master class in motif. It sounds like 6 different songs and one 24 minute song at the same time. With the epic, and heaven & earth, they’re long, drawn out, spend minutes just kind of drifting off and exploring different parts of the song. That’s a good thing, it leads to some of the high points, but Harmony of Difference is focused in on one theme.

brownsugah

Banned
Supporter
Daps
To me it’s a master class in motif. It sounds like 6 different songs and one 24 minute song at the same time. With the epic, and heaven & earth, they’re long, drawn out, spend minutes just kind of drifting off and exploring different parts of the song. That’s a good thing, it leads to some of the high points, but Harmony of Difference is focused in on one theme.
I can see why you say that. A lot of the prolific Jazz albums have longer songs like that. As someone who loves experimentation in general, I think it’s pretty dope. :smile:

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Still loving the last joint...cant wait to listen to this

Daps
Reppin
Denver
If y’all didn’t know, there was a secret disk that you had to cut out of the vinyl release. It’s up on Apple Music and, I assume, the other streaming services. It’s called “The Choice”

Daps
Reppin
Denver
DhMVtpUUYAEhV2t.jpg

That’s a dope idea

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I slept on this album severely bruh. I listened to it once when it came out, acknowledged that it was a nice project and never doubled back. The only reason I gave it another listen was because I was looking for some music to code to two days ago and I decided to throw this on....

Masterpiece in every sense of the word. I kept "One Of One" on repeat for an hour and a half before I listened to the second half and then I put the album on repeat two more times. shyt is that good. Next project that Kamasi comes out with will get the proper respect it deserves.