Kanye West Returns to Nike for $110M, Leaves adidas (Satire)

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chicago – Early today a monumental deal was made between Nike and Kanye West. The deal is estimated to be worth $110M over a 5-year period, which will be the highest sum ever, paid for a collaboration deal between artist and clothing brand. This deal will include royalties, long-term incentives via Nike stock, and a position at Nike as “Creative Director” for Kanye West. The collection is said to include clothing, shoes, and accessories to further the branding and efforts for “Yeezy”.

As most of the world knows Kanye West was very vocal about his past situation at Nike and how he was treated by Nike, CEO, Mark Parker. West publicly stated on stage during a stop on his Yeezus tour that Mark Parker “couldn’t understand why people even liked the Air Yeezy”. A statement that angered Kanye which in turn gave way to a nightly roast of Parker in retaliation.

When asked about the deal Nike. CEO, Mark Parker said “we’ve had our differences in the past (creatively) but we recognize the genius that Kanye brings to the table and are happy to have him back with us at Nike”. While at the meting one executive overheard Nike CEO Mark Parker say, “lets see Adidas top this one!” as he walked out of the room.

When paparazzi at TZM.com caught up with Kanye in NYC they tried to ask him about the deal and he simply looked in the camera and said, “Why are you talking to me? Don’t say nothin’ to me. Just know the Yeezy is jumpin’ over the jumpman, again.”

We reached out to adidas and Herbert Hainer … no word as of yet.

http://www.sneaker411.com/2014/08/22/breaking-kanye-west-returns-to-nike-for-110m-leaves-adidas/

I KNOW Adidas mad af right now :umad: