Kanye West Unreleased 2002 Interview With MTV

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
8:45 mark

"My mother never raised me to ask for a hand out"

And its cool to hear Kanye talk like a straight Black male...Which part is the method acting? Kanye then or Kanye now?

Ant McQueen

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NY
8:45 mark

"My mother never raised me to ask for a hand out"

And its cool to hear Kanye talk like a straight Black male...Which part is the method acting? Kanye then or Kanye now?

He's in a different crowd nowadays. Around that time his circle consisted of guys like GLC, Really Doe, Rhymefest, etc. Now, it's Kardashians and European fashion designers. It be like that sometimes.

Just my 2 cents.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
He's talking like a black man cause he calls homeless people bums and uses incorrect grammar (even though his mother was an English professor(?)) :childplease:.

The box cats put black people in (and themselves) is one of the most important variables holding us back.

The fact that Kanye feels he had to dumb down his grammar and articulation when he was talking to the hiphop audience is the problem. Not that he thinks that he has to speak properly when he's speaking to older cacs.

The Kardashian shyt was a bit over the top but so is the way he spoke in certain interviews in 2002 (but at the other direction).

Makeitrain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's in a different crowd nowadays. Around that time his circle consisted of guys like GLC, Really Doe, Rhymefest, etc. Now, it's Kardashians and European fashion designers. It be like that sometimes.

Just my 2 cents.

Exactly - it'd be more of a worry if my man DID sound the same 10 years and many millions of dollars later

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

lol @ Kanye thinking he was the first conscious commercial rappper

41:33

"I got this song called self conscious.....when has a hip hop artist ever made a song called self conscious"

:beli:

edit:

My bad, that conscience not conscious... but still.. the point still remains... Kanye know where he got his style from