KANYE WEST x JIMMY KIMMEL [Full Interview in OP]

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
How exactly do you know this? Based on everything he's said he does both of these things.

http://fashionbombdaily.com/2011/10/01/show-review-dw-by-kanye-west-spring-2012/

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2012RTW-KWEST

"West is expected to make his prêt-à-porter debut, unveiling, er, something at the fashion world's most important autumn/winter event. He has already been spotted at this week's London shows, and Grazia has managed to track down his Islington fashion HQ: Turnmills, the legendary club that closed in 2008. Inside, their source claims, a team of Central Saint Martins fashion students are working under designers Louise Goldin and Dean Quinn, "with the likely consultation of Louise Wilson", head of CSM's MA fashion department".

^^^^ dude those student sewed all that shyt for him in 3 days" which is why he was criticized

again, he doesnt sew or draw.. THE END

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude Im not gonna debate this. Kanyes biggest hits are samples

His biggest productions for other people are samples. talent and genius dont exactly go together. Especially for Kanye

All I know is your original point
about mpcs and keyboards falls flat.
Prince has whole classics under
his belt using drum machines
and keyboards.
We're talking number 1 hits.
On top of that you've got dudes like daft punk
sampling their asses off for certain
Songs like "Harder better faster stronger",
yet they still turned around and dropped
"Random access memories" .
Also you'd be surprised how many
how many songs contain samples
some from other records others
are just samples recorded directly from
instruments.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
So Madlib isn't a creative genius?

I think it depends what you do with the sample. Late 90's Bad Boy sampling takes zero talent/effort/creativity but cats like Premo are more creative than most people who play all live instruments.

Kanye is a creative songwriter you can't take that away from him.

lmao.. Im not debating this. If somebody laid alllll the instruments down in a record and somebody comes in an takes your elements and flip it.. ITS still not yours. good lord man

thats why they have to pay to clear samples. Come on now. I am a sampler. I participated in the production battles on this board. Am I a producer? I dont think I am. Im good at hearing somebody's record and tweaking it. I cant play instruments all that good. a little live drums and a tad of keyboard. I had a girl group I was working with. At the end of the day, I dont think what I do or any sampling based "producer" can fukk with a Quincy Jones or even on a hip hop level Pharrell" Pharrel can make shyt from scratch. Gamble and Huff. Nygga those are producers

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
All I know is your original point
about mpcs and keyboards falls flat.
Prince has whole classics under
his belt using drum machines
and keyboards.
We're talking number 1 hits.
On top of that you've got dudes like daft punk
sampling their asses off for certain
Songs like "Harder better faster stronger",
yet they still turned around and dropped
"Random access memories" .
Also you'd be surprised how many
how many songs contain samples
some from other records others
are just samples recorded directly from
instruments.

prince also made whole albums with real instruments and can play every instrument. Kanye cant.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
lmao.. Im not debating this. If somebody laid alllll the instruments down in a record and somebody comes in an takes your elements and flip it.. ITS still not yours. good lord man

thats why they have to pay to clear samples. Come on now. I am a sampler. I participated in the production battles on this board. Am I a producer? I dont think I am. Im good at hearing somebody's record and tweaking it. I cant play instruments all that good. a little live drums and a tad of keyboard. I had a girl group I was working with. At the end of the day, I dont think what I do or any sampling based "producer" can fukk with a Quincy Jones or even on a hip hop level Pharrell" Pharrel can make shyt from scratch. Gamble and Huff. Nygga those are producers

That still doesn't exactly pertain to creativity. Being able to ambitiously interpret existing art takes creativity too. It's kind of like knocking a strong cover song for having source material.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
prince also made whole albums with real instruments and can play every instrument. Kanye cant.
1. My point has little to do with kanye so I don't get why you keep bringing him up
:yeshrug:
2. Prince can't play every instrument.
He's just really good at a few of them.
Bass,guitar,drum, and piano to be exact.
You can also include "The Studio" since that
can be considered an instrument as well.

3. My main point in bringing up Drum Machines and Keyboards
was to simply state that those being a persons primary instruments
doesn't somehow invalidate their skill as a musician.