Karrine Steffans: Oprah and Maya Angelou were ‘hoes,'"

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oprah was raped, and her promiscuity after that was due to the trauma of the assault. She didn't make that a part of her career, and she hustled through her 30s to make it where she is now.
Maya Angelou was also repeatedly raped as a child and adolescent, and sex work was one of the only ways she could support herself before she became one of the most prolific Black women of the 20th century.
Karrine trying to compare herself to either of them is lunacy.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's a hoe who knows her hoe history.
She left out their sexual assaults, and lack of resources at the time.
They weren't skipping school to try and get naked for rap videos, and to fellate semi-famous rappers.

"Four years later, the children's father "came to Stamps without warning"[11] and returned them to their mother's care in St. Louis. At the age of eight, while living with her mother, Angelou was sexually abused and raped by her mother's boyfriend, a man named Freeman. She told her brother, who told the rest of their family. Freeman was found guilty but was jailed for only one day. Four days after his release, he was murdered, probably by Angelou's uncles.[12] Angelou became mute for almost five years,[13] believing, as she stated, "I thought, my voice killed him; I killed that man, because I told his name. And then I thought I would never speak again, because my voice would kill anyone ..."[14] According to Marcia Ann Gillespie and her colleagues, who wrote a biography about Angelou, it was during this period of silence when Angelou developed her extraordinary memory, her love for books and literature, and her ability to listen and observe the world around her."

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
What has she done for black pepple? :camby:
Oprah hasn't done much with the amount of money she got and INFLUENCE. Karen just said they were both hoes. The truth. You really think either Maya or Oprah didn't get to the top from sleeping around? :mjlol:

Karen is just a hoe, just couldn't do anything else but be one. The said women she spoke about made the most of it. :yeshrug:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
if what she said is fact :yeshrug:
she's right at the end of the day.
hoes switch up all the time

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oprah hasn't done much with the amount of money she got and INFLUENCE. Karen just said they were both hoes. The truth. You really think either Maya or Oprah didn't get to the top from sleeping around? :mjlol:

Karen is just a hoe, just couldn't do anything else but be one. The said women she spoke about made the most of it. :yeshrug:
Nah, Maya Angelou got her start from working with Alvin Ailey and Oprah got her start after winning a beauty contest and working at a small Black radio station throughout high school and college before continuing to hustle for almost a decade to get a bigger platform.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
While it might be true, Oprah and Maya didn't get famous from their sexual exploits like she did, which is why people overlook it.

If Supahead turned her exploits into a media empire like Kim K would she get respect tho :jbhmm:
Her sex tapes >>>>>Kim Ks trash tape by far