Kawhi Leonard is withdrawing from Team USA for the Paris Olympics and will be replaced, sources tell me and @joevardon.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Incoming rant… it’s kinda low key, but the PG position is going the way of the center. There’s a notion that the team has enough guards so they don’t need to add Brunson or Kyrie, but there are no traditional old school style/sized PGs. Steph is basically a 2. Jrue is a combo and he’s also 6’4. Halliburton is 6’5. And now Derek white who’s 6’5. There is and was space for Brunson or Kyrie.

The 08 team had cp3, Kidd, and Deron Williams. (Then still had Wade, Reed, and Kobe at SG).

The ‘12 team had cp3, Russ, and Deron (and Kobe and harden at SG)

But now that the CAcaltyics have the game and the traditional PG archetype—-which is one position white boys can’t really play—- is being destroyed. Isaiah Collier would been a top 5 pick 5 years ago, now he’s a 2nd rounder. Spurs trading Dillingham for a 2031 pick. Etc They trying to get traditional hooper type guards out the game
Championship teams all the way back to the 70s had those kinds of players Dennis Johnson won how many championships what about Ron Harper or Derek Fisher

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Is anyone surprised? I'm confused why he even went over there. Photos? I knew he wasn't gon play

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
knee just started turning around 2 weeks ago and his season ended in late April, we already know this but dude is going to be cooked for this upcoming season

When you describe your knee being in a "neutral state" your knee is completey fukked up :picard:

This dude can't even put his knee in 1st gear :picard:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, this isn’t the best team they could have come up with considering who is available…

You can even tell their real priorities by who is starting

Who should've made it?

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Wow. I assumed he must have been unavailable. Guess not. That’s insane adding his teams 5th man over him

I blame Steve Kerr. He’s got quite a few red flags centered around not being able to identify and/or cultivate young talent. Not being interested in Ant in the 2020 draft, fumbling Kuminga until he had to go public, thinking Ant would need to come off the bench on that sorry ass team last year.

Buddy don’t know wtf he doin he just has Steph. I think he’s partial to a role player mentality bc of how HIS career went.
Would Edwards develop like he did if he was on the bench for 3 years instead of starting? And then moving up to a starting position? Could he predict that Klay would have career threatening injuries that would impact his whole game?

Everyone is Einstein of everything after the fact and worse with a made up path of how things would’ve been.

And even worse than that is that was that Ant was not even available, who knows what he would’ve done if they actually got the #1.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
His legs are done

This guy has to be managed I can’t believe the Clippers actually thought he was the better investment moving forward then Paul George

Not that George is an alpha but Kawhi has spaghetti knees

:mindblown:
I would have just blew it up and started over. Young stars would be intrigued to come because of the new rebranding, new stadium, and the team being in LA. Kawhi and PG have both been a failure all around, and are among top 5 of stars who have played the least amount of basketball in the last 4 seasons. Time to move on from both of them.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
You can’t blame them too much for extending Kawhi when they did. He was playing like a top 5 guy and the Clips looked like the best team in the league. I’m sure they regret it now.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Would Edwards develop like he did if he was on the bench for 3 years instead of starting? And then moving up to a starting position? Could he predict that Klay would have career threatening injuries that would impact his whole game?

Everyone is Einstein of everything after the fact and worse with a made up path of how things would’ve been.

And even worse than that is that was that Ant was not even available, who knows what he would’ve done if they actually got the #1.
He was.

They just didn't wanna trade up.