KD blew a 3-2 lead...reminds me of 2016...lets talk about it

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
That's an indictment on both Durant and Brodie but the blame for never winning in OKC never is directed at Kevin Durant...

To be clear, I'm not even saying I think Durant choked (it's hard to say someone choked after putting up 48 in regulation and hitting the almost game winner)....but the bar of greatness is CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY lowered for him...

From his 0-6 OT play being covered differently than if peers did the same; to his playing his entire career with 3 other league MVPs; to his playing almost a decade with another Top 50 guy and not winning a title; to his Finals performances on one of the greatest dynasties ever being treated as if they are equal or greater to guys who matched his performances on inferior teams; to acting as if Durant has had this rough road to plow to the top in his career; to pretending he was The League's best player in the year he won MVP, and since the year he won MVP, when the reigning MVP had won 4 of the 5 previous MVPs; to pretending he was The League's best player in 2016 after his showing vs the same team that an even greater player put up perhaps the greatest display of individual basketball ever in the very next round; on and on and on...

Kevin Durant isn't graded to the same bar most of his elite contemporaries are, and he CERTAINLY isn't held to a higher standard than his elite peers. The bar is always, always lowered for this nikka by heads with see-thru, obvious agendas. But these the same nikkas want you to believe he's the most gifted player ever...

Nah, same standard, which as I've said many times before on Durant, unless something significantly changes, his career when lined next to other All-Timers (and not just the One nerds love focusing on)---->when you compare his career to others of his historical weight, other guys did more with less, did more with equal or more, dominated to greater degrees, and were better in more facets of being basketball players, so when he's lined against a list of other GOATs, this will be rightfully considered, the context of his career compared to others...

Durant is a GOAT, one of the 15 greatest ever. So we holding him to the standard of THAT, not going for any of this "lower the bar" shyt for KD that cats wanna do so he appears better than "whoever" by comparison...