Keith Thurman says the EXACT same thing I said about Floyd/Maidana 1: Floyd played with him

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
The issue was not the brand of glove
Floyd was about 17 years deep in his career at the time, it wasnt the first time he fought an opponent in mx gloves..lol

The issue was the lack of padding that was in the customized mx gloves that maidana was trying to fight with. There was no padding in dat shyt. They were trying to be sneaky. If it was any other fighter besides floyd pointin this out, maidanas camp would of got a lot of hate

Floyd has fought harder punchers and better fighters den maidana and always let them choose their own gloves. Never been a issue. Maidana was trying to cheat
Floyd Touted Shane, than Cotto, and lastly Maidana as th hardest punchers hes faced; he said it felt like steel when chino hit him..........................Oh yeah that gloves that look like it was from the 1900s was cheating as hell

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Floyd may have let Maidana fight his fight, but he let it get too far. Because he got much more expected, but still won clean.
Floyd let Cotto fight his fight, was dapping him up mid combo and all......Floyd was in the fight of his life vs Chino, he expressed doubt and almost quit in the corner vs Chino when he complained he cant see......There was a reason there was a immediate rematch, Floyd didnt like his performance, shyt he probably felt as if he lost that one deep down......

Last edited:

Tflasha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Floyd let Cotto fight his fight, was dapping him up mid combo and all......Floyd was in the fight of his life vs Chino, he expressed doubt and almost quit in the corner vs Chino when he complained he cant see......There was a reason there was a immediate rematch, Floyd didnt like his performance, shyt he probably felt as if he lost that one deep down......
dont project how danny feels after his fights on floyd:mjlol:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
dont project how danny feels after his fights on floyd:mjlol:
Danny beats Danny:birdman:

Off my boxing eye he beats Thurman and Porter 9/10 times, muthafukka got inactive fails to move his hands, and it's headscratching as fukk but I digress...

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
This thread is a direct shot at me for saying Floyd had a tougher then expected fight with Maidana the first time around, which he did. The funny thing about this is Money is actually my favorite fighter of all time, but I do not STAN any of these boxers.

The OP is missing the entire point of where I was coming from.

I said STYLISTICALLY, fighters that are extremely physical, awkward, and dirty can give OLDER fighters fits.

Here we have a guy like Manny shutting down Jessie Vargas, Lucas Matthysse, & Adrien Broner, but Jeff Horn was the guy that MADE it a tough fight with the tactics he came with.

We have a guy in Mayweather that is shutting down guys like Canelo & Pacquaio, but it's Maidana who came in there and MADE it a tough fight.

I personally believe Manny would wash Horn in a rematch after experiencing what happened the first time around, but we'll never know.

Here's another one. Sakio Bika gave Ward the toughest fight of his career until Ward/KK 1. Ward was actually in his prime against Bika though.

The awkward, dirty, rugged fighters can be hard to time and give the better boxer fits.

I go thru the same shyt with my brother . nikkas can’t criticize Floyd for shyt. He’s god to some nikkas:manny:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
... he says that Floyd LET Maidana fight his fight... basically trying to prove he can stand there and didn't take shyt away from Maidana by using his regular style, which is what made the fight close... He fought Maidanas fight on purpose...

nikkas tried to swear up and down that "Floyd had trouble" with Maidana :childplease:

like he didn't do that shyt on purpose. I saw, nikkas who know wtf they're talking about saw it. Second fight came around and he didn't LET Maidana do shyt.

Now I'll wait for nikkas to come in here and act like they know more about boxing and fighting than Thurman:deadrose:

That's not how boxing works bruh. And after what One Time just went thru with Lopez, he should know better than to say something like this.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fam it's a fight ain't nobody letting shyt happen when the consequences could be you getting punched in the face. That's not logical at all.

Maidana is awkward as fukk that style can give anyone problems including Floyd. Floyd beat him twice so what does it matter anyway. :yeshrug:

Yup, if Floyd "playing" is taking way more punches than what's normal for him, he chose the wrong strategy. It really shows how great he is when in tougher ones though.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Floyd may have let Maidana fight his fight, but he let it get too far. Because he got much more expected, but still won clean.
This is how I feel about the first one. I think the plan was to let Maidana land shots on his guard early and pick him apart clean after that. I think that's why Floyd was tripping off the gloves pre-fight (he had the right to because they certainly looked tampered with). But Maidaina didn't gas out like Floyd may have anticipated and he might have got an extra round or two on the cards because of it. I thought the fight was a bit closer than most people though. I had it 115-113 Floyd, he almost fukked up big time