Kendrick and Drake are really over doing these beat switches.

LOST IN THE SAUCE

The Sauce Apostle
Daps
Reppin
HONOLULU
Ain’t no way you can say Family matters beats are bland
I thought it was okay. Pretty generic sounding for the most part. 2nd beat was good, 1st beat okay, 3rd beat was blah. They all just blended together in the end.
Production wise Meet the Grahams is probably the best one to me, but it's such a boring beat for a diss song. Euphoria probably had the worst beat out of all of them. Kendrick's ear for beats seems pretty shaky nowadays.

Ze Pequeno

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lost Angels
They're just peicing together multiple songs as a cheatcode now. There's use to be some similarities between the beats like maybe the same samples chopped differently with new drums,but now it's just random songs put together. Drake is the worst ever since sicko mode,he really lost me putting random future songs at the end of his.
Kendrick did the beat switch on DNA which was released 7 years ago and went 3x platinum.

He also did the beat switch on Maad city which was released 12 years ago.

Both of these songs had beat switches that sounded nothing alike.

When was this "use to" period that you are referring to?

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They're just peicing together multiple songs as a cheatcode now. There's use to be some similarities between the beats like maybe the same samples chopped differently with new drums,but now it's just random songs put together. Drake is the worst ever since sicko mode,he really lost me putting random future songs at the end of his.

even first person shooter had a beat switch. I guess that's kinda :heh: thing cuz he been doing it for many years at this point.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
fukk are you talking about? Drake been doing the beat switch way before sicko mode :dahell:

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
Drake made it corny when a beat switch was always one of the hardest things in rap.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
I'm no music nerd, but I KNEW when Drake was doing that shyt I thought...

"Aren't these different songs?"

I agree, the beats should be a remix of each other, similar or something...2 or 3 different songs n one is Lame...

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
if a beat switch or two makes yall that upset, stay away from progressive rock music. that shyt is all over the place

personally i love beat switches when they're done right

the maad city beat switch in particular was great. like kendrick hopped in a time machine back to 93 in the middle of the song:gladbron:

• Dap
Reactions: 19-