Kendrick has never said anything impressive

sayyestothis

Free the guys
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD "The Greatest City In America"
If he had more swag would you like him more?

:mjlol:

You should have just stopped at his music is unlistenable. Youre looking for a father figure.

^^nah I answered ur question correctly. And nah I have a father and am a father of two. Good on that front. No reason to take it there? I said hes a clown in my opinion. Clearly you love him and give homie free promo posting youtube clips etc so it is what it is breh.

onelastdeath

Banned
Daps
It IS a bad thing! It means that nothing the dude says is memorable.

At the end of the day, does Kendrick say memorable/quotable shyt? yes or no? It has nothing to do with punchlines.

If you have no stand out lines, how can you be considered a stand out lyricist?

The most quotable thing Kendrick ever said is "ya bish." Real talk.
The more quotable, the simpler the lyric.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
^^nah I answered ur question correctly. And nah I have a father and am a father of two. Good on that front. No reason to take it there? I said hes a clown in my opinion. Clearly you love him and give homie free promo posting youtube clips etc so it is what it is breh.
As a grown man with a father and kids, whos swag and style are you feeling right now?

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
Wow.... you guys love some mediocre ass shyt! Those lines are so bland and basic it's actually amazing that you think it's brilliant. There's no imagination in any of that shyt.

Imagination is everything.

There are rappers that have shown worlds in one phrase. meanwhile, y'all are dikkriding some cat who's taking a whole album to paint a well-worn scenario that could be done in one song, or even less.

Wanna talk great lines? Vivid shyt?

"Parole kids, live Rapunzel."

That is fukking poetry.

Let me add someone more recent before y'all accuse me of being 'stuck in the past' and typical sensitive comments.

The following example is vivid. Not really making a profound observation like the prior Ghostface line, but a cool and clear picture nonetheless:

"See I found God within me,
Now we kick frees sippin on a bottle of Hennessy.
Blazing Christmas trees on the clouds of infinity,
Blank out, and forget a crowd is with me, forgive me."

I don't see imagination in Kendrick's rhymes. I see super-literal, basic and bland lines. That when connected together, paint a very vague picture of a well worn concept. So it seems like he's imaginative on the surface but if you look deeper.... shyt's hollow.

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps
:duck:

:comeon:

really? :leostare:

so asap doesn't deliever an album worthy of recognition so in classic troll style a thread like this is made? :lolbron::umad: really? :aicmon:

we can't even appreciate when a brother really is puttin' out music with great quality in 2015? :stopitslime:

[martin lawrence] maaaaaaaaaaaaan please! [martin lawrence]

tumblr_inline_np6i2xCzCM1rnc25d_500.jpg

:wow:

:stylin:

tumblr_mri1ksZVVk1r986t6o1_400.gif

SirBiatch

Daps
@stomachlines don't deflect breh.

Lol at you posting whole songs despite what I said in the OP. Do y'all even read?

A) I've heard most if not all of that weak ass shyt and
B) I'm looking for reasoning from you guys. It's real easy to post a track but harder to actually analyze what you've listened to

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Lol at you posting whole songs despite what I said in the OP. Do y'all even read?

B) I'm looking for reasoning from you guys. It's real easy to post a track but harder to actually analyze what you've listened to
what type of lyrics do you find impressive? if you post examples, it'll make the criteria more clear.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Wow.... you guys love some mediocre ass shyt! Those lines are so bland and basic it's actually amazing that you think it's brilliant. There's no imagination in any of that shyt.

Imagination is everything.

There are rappers that have shown worlds in one phrase. meanwhile, y'all are dikkriding some cat who's taking a whole album to paint a well-worn scenario that could be done in one song, or even less.

Wanna talk great lines? Vivid shyt?

"Parole kids, live Rapunzel."

That is fukking poetry.

Let me add someone more recent before y'all accuse me of being 'stuck in the past' and typical sensitive comments.

The following example is vivid. Not really making a profound observation like the prior Ghostface line, but a cool and clear picture nonetheless:

"See I found God within me,
Now we kick frees sippin on a bottle of Hennessy.
Blazing Christmas trees on the clouds of infinity,
Blank out, and forget a crowd is with me, forgive me."

I don't see imagination in Kendrick's rhymes. I see super-literal, basic and bland lines. That when connected together, paint a very vague picture of a well worn concept. So it seems like he's imaginative on the surface but if you look deeper.... shyt's hollow.
Negged

Travellin' Man

Veteran
Daps

you asked do i read, sure but i also disregard when bullshyt is involved :mjpls:

"do you fools listen even listen to music or do you just skim through it" - jigga

you want a nikka to pinpoint shyt for you, i ain't here to outline every dope line bruh got. i posted the music :aicmon:

kendrick the best doin' it right now. it gets no better than him right now :stopitslime:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
It IS a bad thing! It means that nothing the dude says is memorable.

No, it means you can't compartmentalize his lyrics because he fleshes his songs and verses out into complete works.

At the end of the day, does Kendrick say memorable/quotable shyt? yes or no? It has nothing to do with punchlines.

If you have no stand out lines, how can you be considered a stand out lyricist?

Because lyricists are song writers. What's your favorite Smokey Robinson line?

I love Smokey. IMO he's one of the greatest lyricsts/poets ever but for the life of me I can't think of a one-liner that I could section off from one of my favorite songs of his to pass this dumb ass test you've made up just to hate on a nikka who's music you don't like. You're better off just calling him wack and telling everybody you're in the mood to troll his fans.

The most quotable thing Kendrick ever said is "ya bish." Real talk.

Yea i'm sure people remember "beep beep, who got the keys to my jeep"...don't mean the artist in question would ever be mistaken for a lyricist.

25tc4me.jpg

what type of lyrics do you find impressive? if you post examples, it'll make the criteria more clear.

rah-tah-tah-tah ta ta ta tah tah tah, blah blah blah, I need a glass of watah.

:mjlol:

SirBiatch

Daps
@stomachlines with the brainwashed reply. Should have seen it coming with the Rocky deflection.

Fact of the matter is that I'm asking y'all to name one impressive thing dude has said. Some have posted. Others like yourself are playing dodgeball.

How can you claim to be intelligent on hip hop matters when you're incapable of rap debate?

SirBiatch

Daps
@SunZoo with the mega deflection!

You can't compartmentalize his lyrics? LOL. You actually believe that nonsensical bullshyt?

LOL at mentioning Smokey Robinson. Why the fukk can't some of y'all keep these debates HIP HOP? maybe because you're not as knowledgeable in this genre as you claim.

Why are you mentioning Missy? Deflection 101 on some strawman shyt. Pick an easy target. As though I listen to Missy for impressive lines. :russ: and lets pretend like Kendrick makes music in the same space as Missy and is compared more to Missy than Nas.

In fact, if your lyrical bar for Kendrick is "well aint he more lyrical than Missy?!", don't you realize that you're already fukking up?

Joke is, Missy has more imagination in her 'why thai toi" bullshyt than Kendrick's entire career. When K-fad fades away, people will still love Missy.

Keep deflecting tho.

new Nas :mjlol: 3 classics in a row :russ: most critically acclaimed album of all time :dead: