Kendrick Lamar & Baby Keem - The Hillbillies (Official Video)

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I agree I don't think that's about Kendrick but that sentiment mirrors something Cole said after Control, and what Kendrick basically said on Crown off the new album. The idea that spending all your time fighting over who is the best, who is the king, who is the GOAT etc can take you out of the moment and ruin music for you. To me those lines are clear Kanye shots but who knows.

People who know (Boi-1da, Cardo, etc) say him and Kendrick are cool, and Drake went to Kendrick's Toronto show. I think it's always gonna be competition since they are clearly the two guys of their era...but we'll never see an actual battle. It's too late at this point. I do find it interesting that Drake and Cole are very buddy buddy publicly, whereas you don't see Kendrick with anyone. He's had a close relationship with Cole in the past, dunno if they're still close. I assume so but then again he seems pretty detached from everyone except his collaborators. Which also goes back to the "alone" and competition thing, I guess. Ironically I'm saying this in reaction to a vid of him clowning around with Tyler, who he's close to.

Them nikkas ain’t thinking about each other at this point

At first I wiuld agree with you however at the end of sticky Drake says this

When everything is put to rest
And everybody takes a breath
And everything gets addressed
It's you alone with your regrets
All that pumpin' up your chest
All that talk about the best
You know how sticky it gets

It's a reach but it gives a little credence to the rivalry. I won't be surprised if they're both at Tyler's festival
:salute: to the coli. This really been the biggest sneak diss war in rap history :dead: