Houston
byanymeans.jpg

:whoo:

xOYwArH.jpg

Last edited:

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
Cant wait, was pleasently surprised today when I seen this announced on Twitter. Gates makes some of the best street music with just the right amount of commercial appeal that could push him far and is underrated. He should be more popular but according to someone who posts on another forum (same guy who made me aware of Zach Farlow) who works for the label hes signed to and is friends with him he's just too caught up in the streets :sadcam:

Anyways, this should be dope.. his last two projects are FIRE.

Last edited:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I like dude.

But I dont ever see him blowing up:manny:
Who cares about him blowing up? Just give me the music. Not to harp on it but why does everyone say this? From Don Kennedy to Curren$y and now with Gates. Is it really that important for yall to see these nikkas on TV and do collabos with Drake and Rick Ross? B/c him "blowing up" is exactly what this will entail.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Who cares about him blowing up? Just give me the music. Not to harp on it but why does everyone say this? From Don Kennedy to Curren$y and now with Gates. Is it really that important for yall to see these nikkas on TV and do collabos with Drake and Rick Ross? B/c him "blowing up" is exactly what this will entail.

:myman: Mixtape/Underground shyt>>>>

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's cool. But I can't get into his stuff like that. Do people on here see this guy blowing up. I know he's getting a push

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Sometimes it just good to see certain artist at the forefront representing the music/genre/culture. Plus when we have figureheads leading the culture it helps bring other artist with similar music to the forefront... I would personally like to see balance and stability in the mainstream

Example... without Kanye, we wouldn't have had Cudi, Drake, Sean's etc... (Not that that's a bad thing)

• Dap
Reactions: 85

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

My bad let me explain.

I dont ever see him appealing to a big enough audience to the point where even if he's not on TV he still wont attract tons of people to like his music.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Sometimes it just good to see certain artist at the forefront representing the music/genre/culture. Plus when we have figureheads leading the culture it helps bring other artist with similar music to the forefront... I would personally like to see balance and stability in the mainstream

Example... without Kanye, we wouldn't have had Cudi, Drake, Sean's etc... (Not that that's a bad thing)
My bad let me explain.

I dont ever see him appealing to a big enough audience to the point where even if he's not on TV he still wont attract tons of people to like his music.

My bad yall. I understand both of you cats point and i kind of flew off the handle. I want to see him have a successful career and wouldnt mind seeing him bring his style to the forefront myself. I just think he way too raw for the type of exposure people are expecting when they say "blow up". I can't lie Gates had some songs that could've been mainstream if he had the proper push (Neon Lights, Satellites, Just Ride) Hell Just Roaming could've been a hit.

His artist Percy Keith go hard too but like Gates he just way too hard for the mainstream