Kevin Hart: Don't F**k This Up - Netflix Documentary Series - Trailer (12/27)

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
i don't keep up with FF shyt, but that series would've been fine. F3 is what fukked up the franchise, FF4 had to help it recover and it did well enough to spawn FF5. FF5 would've been fine without the rock, dude had been shooting bricks at the box office before he joined FF5 so please don't act like he brought some established film prowess to it, he was just another pop icon to add to the mix.
He was carrying bad movies and still had some hits with Tooth Fairy and The Game Plan. No one was considering that man death at the box office. Fast and Furious was still popular as hell but adding him took it to a whole other level. It was a combo of adding the Rock bringing excitement to it combined with a change in direction to being a full blown action flick that brought it back. It's crazy to act like The Rock had nothing to do with the comeback.

As far as the doc Kevin Hart is weird to me. I hate his material but love watching him in interviews. It comes off as naturally funny to me but when he gets on a screen he's so stuck in a schtick that his natural humor gets lost. I loved the doc and that it seemed like he didn't try and hide the bad parts of his personality. It's crazy the amount of work he does and how hard he grinds but love the mindstate. Get as much money as you can while you're hot while building a strong foundation so that when people get sick of you now you have a production company to fall back on and just a lot of money banked.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Fact is his star power made Fast5 , they brought everyone back for 4 and it was not a big hit. he was a great fit for that role in 5 and he has been on a role ever since. He didn’t need a string of hits before that, he just needed to be in the right movie. FF would not be on movie 10 if it wasn’t for 5 and he was a big part. Those other movies he bombed in weren’t necessarily his fault, they were basic action movie scripts, I don’t think anyone could have made Hercules work. This ain’t the 90’s you can’t just throw a big star in a basic movie and expect the actor to make the movie.
You’re making an argument based on something you can’t prove. Like I said, people lost faith in the fast franchise after 3, four always was going to be a battle as you had to convince people to come back to the franchise and it did that. F5 elevated rock, not the other way around. Look at his movies and performance pre 5 and then post 5 and tell me f5 isn’t what saved him, not the other way around.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
He was carrying bad movies and still had some hits with Tooth Fairy and The Game Plan. No one was considering that man death at the box office. Fast and Furious was still popular as hell but adding him took it to a whole other level. It was a combo of adding the Rock bringing excitement to it combined with a change in direction to being a full blown action flick that brought it back. It's crazy to act like The Rock had nothing to do with the comeback.

As far as the doc Kevin Hart is weird to me. I hate his material but love watching him in interviews. It comes off as naturally funny to me but when he gets on a screen he's so stuck in a schtick that his natural humor gets lost. I loved the doc and that it seemed like he didn't try and hide the bad parts of his personality. It's crazy the amount of work he does and how hard he grinds but love the mindstate. Get as much money as you can while you're hot while building a strong foundation so that when people get sick of you now you have a production company to fall back on and just a lot of money banked.
Tooth fairy was no where near a hit, nor was game plan. And I didn’t say he was death and the box office, I said the franchise would’ve been fine without him, and it helped him immensely as after that he ended up in franchise/blockbuster roles as opposed to the 2nd/3rd rate movies he was stuck doing prior to the f5 role

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:umad: You mad.

You woke up first thing in the morning to type this up. :mjlol::pachaha:
I don’t live in the states tho. So it’s midday when I sent that. But whatever. Saying you mad means you win right?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Tooth fairy was no where near a hit, nor was game plan. And I didn’t say he was death and the box office, I said the franchise would’ve been fine without him, and it helped him immensely as after that he ended up in franchise/blockbuster roles as opposed to the 2nd/3rd rate movies he was stuck doing prior to the f5 role
Tooth fairy was a hit. It did 112 million on a 32 million budget

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game plan was a hit $22 million budget $144 million at the box office

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
You’re making an argument based on something you can’t prove. Like I said, people lost faith in the fast franchise after 3, four always was going to be a battle as you had to convince people to come back to the franchise and it did that. F5 elevated rock, not the other way around. Look at his movies and performance pre 5 and then post 5 and tell me f5 isn’t what saved him, not the other way around.

Nah the Rock elevated F5. Earlier that year he made his long awaited return to WWE and that energy (and fan base) fed right into the F5 promos. Those promos were basically on some "Rock vs Vin" must see shyt. The returning cast played a huge role too, but the Rock was the x-factor.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
That argument with his trainer showed me everything I needed to see. Idc how drunk you are you NEVER try to clown your “ brother” that way especially in front of others.