Kevin Hart Responds To Mike Epps & Aries Spears For First Time

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His point was there are plenty of young comedians saying the exact same shyt Kevin is saying, and they are still broke and unknown. Kevins strength is his marketing and hype, not the fact that he is unique or anything. Give the same jokes to a bum in a comedy club, and all of a sudden the jokes are not funny anymore.

I don't take anything from Kevin tho, he built that hype up and I respect his hustle. But he's corny to me :yeshrug:
What are you talking about ?? Most comics have similar subject matters at one point Kevin was broke and unknown then he blew up like any comic who makes it they all started somewhere . Mike epps and Aries spears are haters cause Kevin isn't stopping them from making moves he's actually looking for opportunities to give back like mike epps gave to him. A lot of comics get bitter and jealous about other comics successes you need to listen to long form interviews with other comics from varying levels of success

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Take away the money and hype and dude is A.V.E.R.A.G.E.
He got the money and hype due to his comedy being successful like he said in the interview. He showed the ticket sales to make it profitable to join him :and what's keeping epps or Aries from making the money ? They both had their platforms before Kevin but pissed it away

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
He basically corroborated what they said though. He gotta get his story straight :mjlol:

One second...

"I'm so busy, I don't got time to be at comedy shows stealing jokes"

Two seconds later

"Yea man....we go all over the country testing our jokes on small crowds. Places you wouldn't even think I'd be at. Utah, Idaho, all those small towns, different comedy clubs, then we take it to the studio when it's polished and ready"

Are you at comedy shows or aren't you Kevin :mjpls:

I have no dog in this firght because I do infact think Epps and Aries are just bitter and mad.

But it is very conceivable that Kevin's writers could be taking jokes from small time comedians in the bumblefukk towns they go to to "test their material"

Uh....that's not the same thing.

They accused him of going to shows and jacking jokes from other people. He said he does small shows himself and has his guys hone his material. Dave Chapelle also randomly does small shows across the country.

Fred.

Daps
Uh....that's not the same thing.

They accused him of going to shows and jacking jokes from other people. He said he does small shows himself and has his guys hone his material. Dave Chapelle also randomly does small shows across the country.

Fred.

Don't be dumb.

I know that.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he isn't just doing small shows himself but, occasionally popping up at small comedy clubs that feature other comedians too? No. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Don't be dumb.

I know that.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that he isn't just doing small shows himself but, occasionally popping up at small comedy clubs that feature other comedians too? No. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

In 2015? Yes, it's definitely out of the realm of possibility. If he was jacking jokes from hole in the wall clubs and no-name comedians you don't think it's odd there's zero footage of this? In 2015? When Dave Chapelle can't even do a 10 minute set without half the club recording it, and uploading it to Youtube before he's even done?

C'mon man. If you misunderstood what he said that's an honest mistake....but to willfully go along with the bullshyt they're saying is :comeon:

What is the expiration date on this claim? How much time has to pass, in this digital social media age, for you to say "ok, they're lying"? For me it's already been too long.

Fred.

Daps
In 2015? Yes, it's definitely out of the realm of possibility. If he was jacking jokes from hole in the wall clubs and no-name comedians you don't think it's odd there's zero footage of this? In 2015? When Dave Chapelle can't even do a 10 minute set without half the club recording it, and uploading it to Youtube before he's even done?

C'mon man. If you misunderstood what he said that's an honest mistake....but to willfully go along with the bullshyt they're saying is :comeon:

What is the expiration date on this claim? How much time has to pass, in this digital social media age, for you to say "ok, they're lying"? For me it's already been too long.

Fred.

It happens all the time.

For example, I heard Jay-Z spit lyrics that he stole straight from Major Figgas (a Philly underground group). Big time celebrities take all the time. Who people gonna believe? The nobody or the celebrity. Hell, you probably don't even believe my Jay-Z story.....see how easy it is? Lets agree to disagree though.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah, he's definitely a hater. Twitter rants and multiple interviews? Bitter hater.

Mike said he was bitter himself in his interview so I wont argue with em....I get the fact he like a lot of artist get upset by the fact they didn't have twitter to use to get the ball rolling for themselves after a stand out performance like those of today do:mjcry:....But end of the day that's not Kevins fault.

I respect his honesty but hopefully he leave it alone just cuz I don't want it to hurt his career,and shame on Sway too for being the one to bring it up in Mikes case,and egg it on Aries case....Then to go back and play it for Kevin?lowkey that's kindve some fed shyt Sway:ufdup:....He's somebody who should be squashing beefs like this and protecting nikkas from themselves,not instigating,prolonging and fueling shyt:ufdup:.....I expect this from the Hot 97's and power 105's of the world but not Sway:mjcry:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As a non-KHart fan, I would have responded "Don't hate the playa, Hate the game":takedat:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Mike Epps could have been bigger than what he is. Dude was Chris Tucker's replacement in Friday. He basically walked into a good spot. Really what was Kevin Hart handed?

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive never found Kevin hart funny but he was 100% on point..... and I have always respected his work ethic

Talent is only half the story.....dude works hard and he is where he is because of it not because of "writers"