Khaled cutting WWE promos in Marcy for his new album :dead: , Hov on his 1st single

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps

mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:1038297

jay-z-dj-khaled.jpg

During an interview with MTV’s Rob Markman, Khaled takes exception to a question about what he has left to prove in Hip-Hop, declares himself “King of the Anthems” and reveals that he has a Jay-Z feature on his new album before slamming the mic and stepping off.

Previously: Mack Wilds Brings Out Jadakiss, Troy Ave, Maino

Last edited:

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
he's not trying hard enough:skip:

but what does he actually do besides make some phone calls and e-mail beats he didnt make to artists for them to lay verses on?

just curious
I'm not sure :skip: but he seems like an alright guy to me. I got some respect for him after watching this, the scene with Jada and him in the car kills me

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
this nikka singles play like 456 times a day on the radio all summer, all stations, bet that publishing check be hella crispy.

what sets Khaled apart from Drama is that despite Khaled being a short meatball he's charismatic, even when you know he's selling you shyt and it's the same schtick, corny as he sounds sometimes, you still listen to what he's saying. Even when you're not paying him any mind, by the end of the summer you realize youve been listening to his single every day for the past 90 days. He's clever in knowing how to put pawns in front of him as to not turn you away with his actual being. If he rapped or made beats and put himself all out there like that, without the stars, he'd flop every single time. But here's the thing, he's clever in knowing that, which is exactly why he's adopted his method. You gotta respect his self awareness, maneuverability and hustle. He's like a circus clown and a puppet master all in one, utilizing both traits simultaneously when the time is needed, just enough to be effective while not giving it away. Always leaving people to wonder "wtf does he actually do?" which is pretty much your subconscious asking "how does he do that".

Last edited: