Khaled Spent $5 Million Creating 'Father of Asahd' ... no wonder he's mad asf Tyler the Creator

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
i'm starting to believe that khaled had that 'outburst' intentionally
it kept his name in the spotlight for the forseeable future, which of course means his albums get more streams as well.
clever strategy.
the sheep also known as the masses will eat this up while discussing him and streaming him.
all these little stories coming out are just there to keep his name on the social media timeline (i hope i used that term correctly)
:manny:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Didn't Nicki blow up on Travis for the exact same reason last year? Look how that turned out. It'd be a month and some change since the days when Astroworld and Queen dropped, and you haven't heard from Nicki in a very long time after the whole outbursts. People don't like sore losers. You know how ungrateful you gotta be to be out here complaining about getting #2 on the lists? So Khaled being out on social media and in label exec meetings throwing a tantrum about selling 138,000 albums to me is an even bigger turn-off than the album he dropped.

This was a generic album. There's a few songs on there I really liked, but, this was all done just to see what would stick on the wall and give him a summer hit. That's why he had the sense of mind to and try to recreate another "I'm The One" with "No Brainer". Why didn't he get Kendrick, Drake or Cole for this album? Drake would've definitely given you a hit or at least a banger for the summer, Kendrick would've probably had a crazy track on there that made you want his next album and Cole would've done the introspective but catchy shyt (or even just more of the feature type stuff he's BEEN doing, which makes a lack of a Cole feature even weirder).

I liked the Ross and Jeezy track, I liked the Meek and Lil Baby track (but mostly for Meek, I wanted another verse from him), the Nipsey track I enjoyed, I liked the Nas track, I really enjoyed the Big Sean track, Top Off was okay and the Freak n You track is cool. But this album wasn't anything phenomenal, if this were Major Key then I could see why he'd be upset considering the features and marketing. However, in terms of quality, they've never really been top to bottom amazing. Most of his albums are in the low 60s for Metacritic ratings. I would much rather Tyler, a musician who clearly cares about the craft and dropped a really good project, get the spot that it naturally deserves over an album that was made strictly for money purposes.

DJ Khaled in recent times is basically a glorified Spotify curator with a budget. No hate, but it shows once the success isn't putting him on top anymore. No more "they don't want you to win" and more "I make music for barbershops, I don't make mysterious music". The album just wasn't that good, sorry Khaled, try again next year like I'm sure you will be.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
khaled is like lavar ball, both of them are used car salesmen with the ability to hype up trash and act like it's the greatest thing ever

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes