Killer Mike Is Running For Georgia State Representative

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:obama:

He should've gone on the Breakfast Club/ ATL press run with this.

Kendrick and Charlemagne should do promo for him since they both claim they're big fans!

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
From Uncle Luke to Rhymefest, Hip-Hop stars have attempted career moves into politics. Killer Mike may be the latest, starting right in his Atlanta, Georgia backyard.

Today (June 15), the artist also known as Michael Render campaigned via Instagram to vote for him (as a write-in candidate) for District 55. “If I win, we win,” the Run The Jewels MC told followers.

The District 55 George State Representative seat was previously occupied by Rep. Tyrone Brooks. A Democrat, Brooks has served since 1980. According to a 2013 Atlanta Constitution-Journal report, “[Rep. Brooks] was charged in a 30-count indictment that includes charges of mail, wire and tax fraud. The indictment charges that, from the mid-1990s through 2012, Brooks solicited contributions from individuals and corporate donors to combat illiteracy and fund other charitable causes, but then used the money to pay personal expenses for himself and his family.”

In recent years, Mike has lectured at New York University and the Massachusetts Institute Of Technology. The Dungeon Family member spoke to students around race relations in America.

The District 55 election is tomorrow (June 16). Per Watch Loud, Killer Mike is appearing on tonight’s “The Nightly Show” with Larry Wilmore, presumably to discuss the campaign.

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2015/06/killer-mike-is-running-for-georgia-state-representative/

:dwillhuh: the day Killer Mike is paid to lecture at MIT on the subject of race relations is the day that this world is going to hell in a handbasket WTF

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
First Rick Ross now Killer Mike.... 2015 is the year of the successful bearded overweight black man!!! :myman:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I like Mike but when he came out saying people were getting gunned down cause they were poor and not cause they were black..:patrice:

David Jason: It's completely synthetic, therefore no growing, no refining, no peasants. Best of all, no international borders, no customs agents. There in that case in front of you are two detailed prospecti on marketing, anticipated cash flow, and so forth.

Hector Guzman: You racist Americans. You just want to cut us poor Hispanics completely out of the market.

David Jason: No, Mr. Guzman. I think you know that there's no such thing as an American anymore. No Hispanics, no Japanese, no blacks, no whites, no nothing. It's just rich people and poor people.