"King Kong Ain't Got Nothin on De. . .ontay" Wilder vs Ortiz 3/3 SHOWTIME Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The most avoided Heavyweight champ takes on the most avoided heavyweight contender

I Repeat

The most avoided Heavyweight champ takes on the most avoided heavyweight contender

This matchup was supposed to happen last Nov but Ortiz tested dirty

Ortiz testing dirty resulted in a Stiverne rematch and this happening

@SuikodenII :umad:

That was meant for Ortiz and Wilder could've left their potential matchup alone after Ortiz tested dirty

But Wilder has decided to bless us and Ortiz with another potential meeting of avoided punchers

I say potential because Ortiz albeit avoided and talented

Has failed drug tests just before and after fights which is why this matchup is so high risk

If this fight happens Wilder will be facing the man no other champs/contenders dare mention

Instead of wait the danger out like so many, Wilder is facing it head on

And this is why Deontay Wilder is the Heavyweight :king:

SHOWTIME Championship Boxing Presents: Remember How Kong in NYC Ends
910x350-Boxing-Wilder-vs-Ortiz-2018-999e940a8d.jpg

Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder 39(38KO) - 0 - 0
2ui99bo.jpg

vs

Luis "King Kong" Ortiz 28(24KO) - 0 - 0 - 2 NC
ab45f9aba0824ab9bec2920d26a12f50.jpeg

Plus

Jermall "Hitman" Charlo 26(20KO) - 0 - 0
EminentBrokenDeinonychus-size_restricted.gif

VS

Hugo "The Boss" Centeno Jr 26(14KO) - 1(1KO) - 0
NervousAcclaimedAmethystinepython-size_restricted.gif

And

Andre "The :lupe: Matrix" Dirrell 26(16KO) - 2(0) - 0
Andre-Dirrell-Froch.jpg

VS

Jose "Bolivita" Uzcategui 26(22KO) - 2(0) - 0
leon-dawson-copy.jpg

Also the return of my nikka and future 2x Heavyweight champion

Prince Charles Martin
1-MARTIN-VS-GLAZKOV-FIGHT-NIGHT-01162016-0475.jpg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Uzcategui can win imo, Dirrell is more talented but he´s a lost soul, just can´t get it right, there are mental barriers there and he probably never gonna overcome them because he is too old now
every time a fights gets tough, Dirrell starts to look disinterested and demotivated
He should still beat Uzcategui on paper I guess but not sure...

Wilder vs Ortiz could go either way, depends how aggressively Ortiz counters Wilder and how big of a factor Ortiz´s lack of foot speed will be
Ortiz is another fighter though who has this vibe around him that he just can´t get it right... slightly favoring Wilder but wouldn´t be surprised either if he gets knocked out

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I hope for boxing, Wilder takes care of business...but my bets are already in on the Ortiz upset.

If Wilder just waits to land his death blow, he could find himself far behind on the cards ie Washington fight. Won't be surprised if this goes the distance.

Stinky Diver

attitude as bad as his odor
Daps
I hope for boxing, Wilder takes care of business...but my bets are already in on the Ortiz upset.

If Wilder just waits to land his death blow, he could find himself far behind on the cards ie Washington fight. Won't be surprised if this goes the distance.

Wilder keeps him at distance all night and when Ortiz gets impatient and frustrated...Its over.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Uzcategui can win imo, Dirrell is more talented but he´s a lost soul, just can´t get it right, there are mental barriers there and he probably never gonna overcome them because he is too old now
every time a fights gets tough, Dirrell starts to look disinterested and demotivated
He should still beat Uzcategui on paper I guess but not sure...

Wilder vs Ortiz could go either way, depends how aggressively Ortiz counters Wilder and how big of a factor Ortiz´s lack of foot speed will be
Ortiz is another fighter though who has this vibe around him that he just can´t get it right... slightly favoring Wilder but wouldn´t be surprised either if he gets knocked out

thing about a counter puncher is they have to wait for a punch to counter. so a counter puncher can wait and wait and wait forever for a punch to counter. deontay cant get too crazy cause he can beat this guy pretty easy. hang ortiz out on the end of a jab and he is going to wait and wait. he gets too crazy and he is going to run into these.

IcDlb9h.gif

wIV9o1R.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
thing about a counter puncher is they have to wait for a punch to counter. so a counter puncher can wait and wait and wait forever for a punch to counter. deontay cant get too crazy cause he can beat this guy pretty easy. hang ortiz out on the end of a jab and he is going to wait and wait. he gets too crazy and he is going to run into these.

IcDlb9h.gif

wIV9o1R.gif
Ortiz has a long ass reach though

will be interesting if he can provoke Wilder to over commit
I can imagine cause Wilder sometimes does anyway and Ortiz gonna be his best opponent so far

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This card fukking lit

Bet the fukking house on Wilder this nikka better not choke :birdman:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
First off I wish I was going to this card, second I’m much more excited for this fight than when it was announced last year. Been watching Ortiz and he’s very skilled, good technically, and southpaw but I still think Wilders punching power in the late rounds plus Ortiz doesn’t pressure enough.